Law School Discussion

2.7 GPA and 165 LSAT, looking for Con Law/Legal Theory schools...

2.7 GPA and 165 LSAT, looking for Con Law/Legal Theory schools...
« on: September 18, 2007, 02:10:20 PM »
Hello, I was wondering what schools were good for Con Law and/or Legal Theory, which is what I would like to go into. I should be able to pull off a 165 pretty easily when I take the test at the end of the month. If there aren't any well regarded schools in these fields that I could hope to get into, is it possible to go to a lower tiered school the first year and transfer? Thanks for your help.

H4CS

• View Profile
Re: 2.7 GPA and 165 LSAT, looking for Con Law/Legal Theory schools...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 02:15:24 PM »
I've got all sorts of bad news for you.

botbot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 03:23:31 PM »
Hello, I was wondering what schools were good for Con Law and/or Legal Theory, which is what I would like to go into. I should be able to pull off a 165 pretty easily when I take the test at the end of the month. If there aren't any well regarded schools in these fields that I could hope to get into, is it possible to go to a lower tiered school the first year and transfer? Thanks for your help.

I will bite because I enjoyed your post so much.

ConLaw + Legal Theory are dominated by the top schools.
You will have a very difficult time getting into any of those schools with your GPA, even with a score much higher than a 165.
While it may feel like you will get a 165 pretty easily, until you have that score on a real test, it is useless to consider schools.
You do not know how well you will do in law school.  While it is possible to transfer up to another school, it will only be possible to a very small percentage of your class.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 03:28:55 PM »
I agree with the poster above...I was scoring in the 165 range but then only pulled a 160 on the test. Im retaking but remember there is always a possiblity you wont score that high

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:46:07 PM »
would you like to clarify what "going into" con law consists of?

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 10:01:16 PM »
Y'know, writing constitutions and *&^%. In case we need a spare.

(Did You Know? There are actually lawyers who specialize in writing constitutions for new countries. What a job.)

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 10:23:54 PM »
T6? Penn?

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 11:18:46 PM »
heh. Oh USnews, the havoc you wreak. Smooches.

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 05:48:39 AM »
I would wager that USNews "really thinks" Penn is a T6. Your pronouncements irritate the *&^% out of me, yknow?

And no one is disputing that law professors are often lawyers; however, in many cases, while not wrong to simply say "lawyers," to say "law professors" would be more precise and hence more desirable.

Dumbass.

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 09:11:28 AM »
while i dont really know about the law degree, you should look at american for their phd program in justice, law, and society if youre interested in legal theory.

they have a brilliant faculty and they focus on legal theory or justice and public policy. im not sure if you could do a dual degree with the phd, but i know you can do it with a masters and phd. a 166 should get you in there and its a good school.