Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My highly scientific method for listing schools of interest  (Read 1261 times)

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
My highly scientific method for listing schools of interest
« on: September 18, 2007, 01:13:32 PM »
I've thrown out stuff like employment stats, clinics, prof's publishings and rep.

I'm now rating schools according to the wow factor of their catalogs!  :D

Ohio State just rocked my world a couple days ago with it's conversational language style and great slice of life interviews.

But then today I got Lewis and Clark's...in a PRIORITY MAIL ENVELOPE!!!! Be still my beating heart and LSAT prep addled brain!

I tore it open and there's software and books and pretty fliers and papers galore!!! It's like nerd Christmas!!!

UDC and US-Fayetteville kinda disappointed. I have high hopes for Seattle U -- I like their website.
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: My highly scientic method for listing schools of interest
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 01:15:12 PM »
As good a method as any ;D.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 06:57:59 PM »
hilarious
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 12:34:01 AM »

That's what I figure. All this indepth analysis was giving me nightmares.

After the Who's Prettiest campaign I plan to narrow down the top ten based on the number of people I'd have sex with in each catalog.

I gotta say -- Portland? Not pulling ahead strong in that area.  :D
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 11:01:34 AM »

That's what I figure. All this indepth analysis was giving me nightmares.

After the Who's Prettiest campaign I plan to narrow down the top ten based on the number of people I'd have sex with in each catalog.

I gotta say -- Portland? Not pulling ahead strong in that area.  :D

On a somewhat related note, when I was applying to law school, one of my friends who was applying at the same time pointed something out with these catalogs/brochures - no matter if the school had only 10, 5, 1, or even 0 black people in attendance, they still managed to somehow have a black person featured prominently on the front of their catalog. 

Things that make you go, hmmmm.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

edelqueen

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: My highly scientific method for listing schools of interest
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 05:08:46 AM »
banned 4 spam

-Sands