Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need help making some decisions  (Read 1066 times)

Newsfixer

• View Profile
Need help making some decisions
« on: September 18, 2007, 03:39:25 AM »
30yo, and my undergrad wasn't great (just over a 3.0 overall) but I have two M.A.'s, one with honors in philosophy from a European (Dutch) university and another (3.9+)in Journalism from a public school in the states.

Worked in newspapers for a while, and am now looking to do a terminal program, preferably in either constitutional law/First Amendment work or a combination J.D. Ph.D. in journalism/communications.

Practice LSATs are in the high 160's low 170's range (171 for the last few, seems to be a trend)

Can anyone offer any advice as to where I can hope to get in, or where I should look? I'm willing to forego the Ph.D. for the right J.D. program that'll get me where I want to go (more interested in study than practice, teaching, but would love to wind up in a big city. D.C.'s the goal.)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
GPA 3.06
LSAT 171
*Smacks younger self in head*

andy1990

• View Profile
Re: Need help making some decisions
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 01:23:51 AM »
Alot of where I hear, is go where you want to live. People have said the job opportunities can be better if you went to school in the area,if noone else chimes in with any better advice look online at the different law schools in the area where you want to live,look at their GPA's things like that and see what fits. You sound like a great candidate to me. Good Luck

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Need help making some decisions
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 02:14:39 AM »
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.