Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ATTN GULC Applicants!  (Read 3566 times)

nathanielmark

ATTN GULC Applicants!
« on: September 24, 2004, 09:40:37 AM »
did you guys (who have had reports requested from GULC check your reports?)  Mine says that 0 letters are included with my report.  i called LSAC and they told me that GULC does not begin accepting letters until 10/1.  none of this makes any sense to me, but they did say they will be sent automatically, it concerns me a little though.  now i am going to wait until 10/1 to send the rest of my apps. 

can you guys see if you have 0 listed on your report also?

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ATTN GULC Applicants!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 09:59:09 AM »
I got the same thing.  I was wondering about it yesterday, but the LSDAS FAQs had one about some schools requesting letters at a different time than the reports.  So I just made that assumption, and was going to start making calls the week after next.

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 10:00:29 AM »
I got the same thing.  I was wondering about it yesterday, but the LSDAS FAQs had one about some schools requesting letters at a different time than the reports.  So I just made that assumption, and was going to start making calls the week after next.

silly...  but im glad im not the only one.  now i am thinking i should delay my other apps though, i was already to start sending the rest, but may wait until 10/1

lexylit

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 10:01:16 AM »
yeah, the other schools say letters requested: L1, L2, L3

but gtown just has a blank there

it didn't really bother me 'cause i know they do things funky

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 10:15:12 AM »
yeah, the other schools say letters requested: L1, L2, L3

but gtown just has a blank there

it didn't really bother me 'cause i know they do things funky

it bothers me, im mad as hell!  anyway, i think this proves they use a 3 pile system based on numbers.

nathanielmark

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 10:15:37 AM »
well, maybe not "proves", but it shows something is going on.

lexylit

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 10:18:07 AM »
innnnteresting-- so if youre a presumptive deny they wont bother requesting your LORs? huh! i guess we'll have to keep each other posted  ;)

nathanielmark

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 10:29:43 AM »
innnnteresting-- so if youre a presumptive deny they wont bother requesting your LORs? huh! i guess we'll have to keep each other posted  ;)

that was not what i meant, im sure they will still request them.  but they may not bother reading them in that case. or perhaps they dont want LORs to interfere with objective decisions based upon numbers, addendums, and PS... who knows.

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 11:42:35 AM »
I'm thinking maybe they make a preliminary decision, and then LORs can help on those that they're really unsure about.  Either that or their clerks just need the extra work.

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 07:22:50 PM »
Actually, I called LSAC and GULC about this.  LSAC said that GULC doesn't accept LORs until Oct. 1, GULC said it was a confusion.  They are working on trying to get the LORs sooner.  My guess is that because last year they didn't begin accepting apps until Oct 1, something got messed up with the dates.