Handwrite or type application???

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Handwrite or type application???
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2004, 12:25:13 PM »
I know you weren't referring to me because I most certainly know that I've never said people shouldn't go to law school if they can't afford apps.  I'm sure I've said stuff like the money you spend on applications is nothing compared to the money you spend on law school, but my point there is to encourage people to apply to more schools, including reaches.  And I've said that the money spent on an expensive prep class is worth it because if you improve your score, you'll get into a higher ranked school and get a higher paying job and/or get scholarships based on your LSAT score, either one of which covers the $1250 for TM in my case.  I wouldn't say I'm poor, but my parents haven't supported me since I graduated from HS, so I've lived on a tight budget.  My sister went through the same thing and graduated from USC Law.  Point being, I'd never say anyone shouldn't go to law school due to monetary reasons.

So are you applying to the same schools this time around?  Any additional reaches or anything?  Did you apply for a deferment last year?  Sorry, I'm nosy :)  You can ignore me if you want.  I agree with Jennifer that you don't have to explain yourself; I was just curious since you got into top 15 schools already.

noell

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2004, 12:30:46 PM »
I was wondering the exact same thing ... LOL ... thanks for asking it ...

Out of curiosity, why are you applying again if you got accepted everywhere you applied last year?

desmo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2004, 12:43:42 PM »
Hey SvannahSweets- U don't need to explain yourself to Desmo or anyone else for that matter.  It's your perogative girl!

I wasn't asking for an explanation, I was making light of the fact by making a reference to her handwriting her applications.  As far as I can remember I've never made a commnet about poor people not going to law school.  Now stupid people is an entirely different subject.

noell

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2004, 12:55:15 PM »
Hey, watch it! ... we stupid people can go to law school too!!  >:(

Now stupid people is an entirely different subject.

desmo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2004, 12:59:04 PM »
Can and should are two different things.

And besides Noell, if I didn't think you should go to LS I wouldn't have donated to the LSAT fund.

Jennifer10

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2004, 02:20:03 PM »
I'm not sure of it's just me here (which I'm sure it isn't) but this "Desmo" character seems to have an attitude and sounds like he hates life.

desmo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2004, 02:50:56 PM »
Attitude yes,
Hate life, hardly, I just have no patience for stupidity.

Plus, stirring things up is entertaining, I enjoy a lively arguement.  Problem though is that it's getting rarer on here with whiny people who want everyone to tell them it's going to be ok and they don't have to be responsible for their actions.

good lukc Jen, I'm sure you'll enjoy that T3

lazybum

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2004, 02:55:19 PM »
edit

desmo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2004, 02:58:07 PM »
This is great!  You people are going to be eaten alive in the real world.  I hope the rest of my law school class is like you!

At least I hope they're not like Matt!

noell

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2004, 03:08:57 PM »
desmo is harmless.  he may have an attitude, but his bark is worse than his bite.

Me, on the other hand, I'd watch out for me ...  ::)

I'm not sure of it's just me here (which I'm sure it isn't) but this "Desmo" character seems to have an attitude and sounds like he hates life.