Law School Discussion

"Withheld from Scoring"

"Withheld from Scoring"
« on: September 16, 2007, 06:40:32 PM »
What do you guys do when you encounter one of these?  I usually let my counter run down 1 min 30 seconds to account for time I would have worked on the question in an interest in not giving myself extra time on other questions and avoiding any skewing of my score...

Noooo

• View Profile
Re: "Withheld from Scoring"
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 08:50:57 AM »
What do you guys do when you encounter one of these?  I usually let my counter run down 1 min 30 seconds to account for time I would have worked on the question in an interest in not giving myself extra time on other questions and avoiding any skewing of my score...

Yes, at least 1:30.  I usually assume that such a question was sufficiently confusing or misleading that if encountered in the real testing environment it would suck up more than the average alloted time.  That's just a pessimistic assumption of course.

As a rant, the fact that this occasionally happens is quite annoying.  Might such an ambiguous question consume a disproportionate amount of time of the exceptionally strong test taker, since he or she sees the ambiguity and possibly spends lots of time resolving it, whereas Joe Average does not spend that extra time.  Oh nevermind, like I said, just a rant!