Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In this thread we laugh at 50 Cent  (Read 6422 times)

Smokey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In this thread we laugh at 50 Cent
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »
Also 50's album just sucked ass.  In 3 months and 3 (4?) singles it failed to spawn one hit.  It was also leaked to the internet early.  Adding to all of this what he said about Kanye, it was the perfect storm (for his failure, that is).

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 01:55:40 PM »
See, the problem here is that 50 promoted Kanye's album no less effectively than he did his own. And I suspect schadenfreude comes into play as well- for the price of a CD, would you rather buy 50's album, or buy Kanye's album AND do your part to see a celebrity eat his words? 

good point.

I know this doesn't sound intelligent but to sum up: boo on 50  :D :D
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 02:27:46 PM »
Also 50's album just sucked ass.   In 3 months and 3 (4?) singles it failed to spawn one hit.  It was also leaked to the internet early.  Adding to all of this what he said about Kanye, it was the perfect storm (for his failure, that is).

I LOL'd!!!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Smokey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 02:38:08 PM »
Well it did lol

It's no Get Rich or Die Tryin.

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 05:54:57 PM »
I haven't heard 50 Cent's album but I wasn't crazy about Kanye West's new one, either. (I have heard it)

I guess the thing is, Kanye didn't put himself out there making bets like that though.  I will agree that Kanye appeals to a broader audience, but Kanye wasn't as good this time, I have to say.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

joebuddencirca03

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 09:27:49 PM »
I loved Kanye's album. The only tracks I didn't like initially were "Drunk and Hot Girls" and "Barry Bonds". "Drunk and Hot Girls" has grown on me though because I find it funny and true. "Barry Bonds"...is not so much that it's a bad track, but just that I feel the potential is there for more, especially with the beat, liked the chorus though. All told, I liked this album more than Late Registration and feel it's on the same level as College Dropout.
Georgetown 1.5L

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2007, 01:20:54 AM »
Ditto on the Barry Bonds.  That has to be the worst *&^% Kanye has ever put out.  Ever.  They couldn't possibly have been sitting around the studio like "yo, that beat is fire right there, kid. Put that on the album!"

My fav's are 1. Good Morning, 3. Stronger, 9. Flashing Lights and 13. Big Brother

The rest are cool.  Barry Bonds is garbage.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2007, 01:41:38 AM »
I heard this from a source who is close with 50 cent. Apparently, 50 will be releasing his third album under a new title.

"Got Rich and Stopped Tryin"

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2007, 01:33:34 PM »
Ditto on the Barry Bonds.  That has to be the worst sh*t Kanye has ever put out.  Ever.  They couldn't possibly have been sitting around the studio like "yo, that beat is fire right there, kid. Put that on the album!"

My fav's are 1. Good Morning, 3. Stronger, 9. Flashing Lights and 13. Big Brother

The rest are cool.  Barry Bonds is garbage.

i gotta go with drunk and hot girls being the worst. "homecoming" is the hottest joint on there to me. and 50 i don't know what all that was about, i mean he's gotta know kanye has broader appeal...anybody here that new jay z "blue magic" beat is bannanas lyrics just eh but it's of of a soundtrack he's making for american gangster which will probably be sick
...man, you was who you was before you got here