"HIS FATHER IS THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY!!!"

Rizz98

• 3.91/165
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rizz98
    • View Profile
    • Email
"HIS FATHER IS THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY!!!"
« on: September 24, 2004, 04:39:35 AM »
I apologize for the pointless thread, but any of you out there who watched Fox last fall either during the World Series (like me) or during their normal shows must have been inundated with the ads for "Skin" contained the subject line quote. My buddies & I can still randomly yell it at each other and start laughing. Funny thing is, one of them actually has a father who is a DA (well, an ADA).

Anyway, Ron Silver, the guy who yells it, has popped up at the Republican Convention and in one of the new Law & Order episodes this week, so I felt the need to throw it out there - anybody remember this or find it half as funny as I do?

M2

Re: "HIS FATHER IS THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY!!!"
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 09:24:45 AM »
haha yes this is hilarious. did the show even come on?

Casper

• Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 09:45:07 AM »
There's A HUGE difference between being the DA and just being an ADA.  The DA are elected officials in many places. 

Rizz98

• 3.91/165
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rizz98
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 09:50:55 AM »
I think it was on for maybe 3 weeks. All I know is that the commercials were off the wall unintentional comedy.

And the comment has nothing to do with the positional difference between a DA and an ADA or how they got their jobs - for the purposes of the post, they are different in that ADA has one extra word in it.

Annie

• Do a little dance
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RiotGirl84
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 10:01:05 AM »
Funny.

My sorority sister that I used to live with is actually the daughter of the D.A. of Santa Barbara.