Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Venting  (Read 1564 times)

Alan Shore

• Sr. Citizen
  • All reality. None of it scripted.
    • View Profile
Venting
« on: September 15, 2007, 01:55:46 PM »
I absolutely HATE the LSDAS. I'm a computer science major and I can't figure out how the piece of crap works half the time. It shouldn't take me a half hour every time I want to do something to figure it out. I filled out an app, added a report, and when I went to checkout, the report was no longer there. After searching for a half hour, I found that ordering a report is under the heading LSDAS/LOR?! How counter-intuitive is that? I figured it'd be under "Reports" or "Applications." ARGH!  >:(

Alan Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Venting
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 08:47:29 PM »
Touché. :)

andy1990

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 12:25:09 AM »
ohhh myyyyyy and I have NO patience. I am doomed :-\

JGO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 03:07:34 PM »
I accord!  >:(

thedropper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 05:47:50 PM »
what also drives me crazy is how (unless i'm totally missing something) you can't save your applications while keeping them open -- every time i click 'save', it saves it, but then closes it too!  it's making me insane!!  what a badly-designed system..

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 09:53:16 AM »
I agree.  It's terrible.  It's hard to figure out how to do everything and there are multiple places for each thing (for example one place to add recommendors but another place to see if they're added in a completely different list...?)  Also, it's not clear how to do certain things like when to add your PS and addendum to the application (although I figured it out finally)  I think they need to just start over and make it more user friendly and straightforward.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

thedropper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 12:58:50 PM »
also, has anyone else noticed that on some of the application forms, there will be fields that allow you to enter text in response to an open-ended question (e.g. "Please list your extracurricular activities", etc.), and then they give you what looks like just one line.  However, the field actually allows you to type much more than the space of one line, but then once you're done entering text, only the first line or so will actually be visible. 

Sorry if I'm being dense, but what will this look like when it's submitted to schools?  Does the additional text get cut off, or will schools be able to see everything that I typed into the text field? 

ManTGeo

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »
also, has anyone else noticed that on some of the application forms, there will be fields that allow you to enter text in response to an open-ended question (e.g. "Please list your extracurricular activities", etc.), and then they give you what looks like just one line.  However, the field actually allows you to type much more than the space of one line, but then once you're done entering text, only the first line or so will actually be visible. 

Sorry if I'm being dense, but what will this look like when it's submitted to schools?  Does the additional text get cut off, or will schools be able to see everything that I typed into the text field? 

It probably looks like crap, but maybe not. Save the application, go to the front page for that application and click 'continue' as if you are going to submit it, and then click to preview the packet as it will be sent to law schools. That way, you can see for yourself.

Don't worry - you're not under any obligation to submit at that time - you can just click 'back'.

Alan Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 08:12:55 PM »

Just print it out and see what shows up! :)