Law School Discussion

Senator Hillary Clinton is Lying?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

  • *****
  • 7267
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: Senator Hillary Clinton is Lying?
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 10:06:20 AM »
some of clinton's greatest hits...THE SCANDALS...

whitewatergate...travelgate.. .fostergate...

these are some small reasons why obama or biden or richardson would be better..



The failure of the White House to insist on a thorough and professional investigation of the death of Deputy Counsel Vincent W. Foster, Jr. was the second major scandal of the Clinton administration. It should have been labeled ďFostergate,Ē but it escaped that because the establishment news media accepted without question the Park Police report that Foster committed suicide. Everyone at the White House was shocked. Hillary is on record as having said, ďOf a thousand people I know, he is the last I would expect to commit suicide.Ē Bill Clinton said we would never know why he did it.

Harboring such strong reservations about the likelihood that Foster would have killed himself, why didnít the Clintons examine both the qualifications of investigators who made that judgment and the evidence on which they based it? They knew that the U.S. Park Police are not experts in investigating crimes. Sgt. John Rollaís supervisor said she assigned him to examine Fosterís body because he was new on the job and needed the experience.

Rolla said that he disregarded the rule that an unattended violent death must be investigated as a possible homicide until there is enough evidence to rule it out. He ruled it out because there was a gun in Fosterís hand and no sign of a struggle. When he reached that conclusion, he didnít know that the gun did not belong to Foster and that it did not fire the shot that killed him. Nor did he know that Fosterís car had not arrived at Ft. Marcy Park until 15 minutes after his body was found there.

Other Park Police officers who were at the site learned this from two eyewitnesses who were questioned in the parking lot where Fosterís light-gray 1989 Honda Accord was then parked. The same eyewitnesses told the officers that an hour earlier, at 5:30 p.m., they had seen an older brown car parked in that same space with a man sitting in it and another standing beside it.

The Park Police report written by Sgt. Cheryl Braun from notes taken by officer Julie Spetz said the brown car had left, and shortly thereafter the eyewitnesses had seen another car enter the parking lot and park alongside ďthe deceased vehicle.Ē The two eyewitnesses, when questioned later by FBI agents, said they didnít see the brown car leave and there were no other vehicles in the parking lot at that time.

Their description of the car they had seen in that spot was confirmed on July 22 when Patrick Knowlton called to tell the police that shortly before 4:30 p.m. he had parked at Ft. Marcy alongside a brown, mid-eighties model Honda Accord with Arkansas tags. The police wrote a brief memo giving the color but not the age of the car. They didnít follow up with Knowlton, and they altered what the other two eyewitnesses had told them, missing the point that the car these witnesses had seen was not Fosterís. They told the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms that they were put in charge of this case because of its ďsensitivity.Ē That apparently meant they could be relied upon not to embarrass the White House by finding evidence that Foster was murdered. That could be messy.

The brown Honda was probably used to take Fosterís body to Ft. Marcy at about 4:00 p.m. With Arkansas tags it served as a stand-in for Fosterís car, which arrived only 15 minutes ahead of the rescue workers and police. When they arrived in the parking lot, the rescue workers noticed a brown car without a driver that was not in a parking space and had its engine running. It was evidently leaving when those in it bailed out and hid when they heard the fire engine coming up the driveway. They left when the rescue workers dispersed to find the body.

Hillary says, ďThose rumors (that Foster was murdered) should have ended with the official report ruling his death a suicide....Ē That report was discussed at a joint Park Police-FBI news conference on August 10, 1993, but no investigative report was released at that time.

Reporters were told to file Freedom of Information requests for it. Some did, but no copies were released until June 30, 1994, at the same time Robert B. Fiske, Jr., the independent counsel who had investigated the death, issued his report. It confirmed the Park Police findings and dominated the coverage. Most of the news media had been calling Fosterís death a suicide for nearly a year, and they paid no attention to the flaws in the reports of Fiske and the Park Police.

Mrs. Foster had told the police that the gun found in Fosterís hand was not the gun she thought it would be-ďa silver six-gun with a long barrel.Ē That was her description of a revolver that she had brought to Washington. It was a modern, silver gun that Foster had inherited from his dad. It was kept in a closet in their home together with a semi-automatic pistol. They had no ammunition for either gun.

The gun that had been planted in Fosterís hand was ďa piece of junkĒ according to the Park Police evidence officer. It was a black .38 Colt Army Special made up of parts from two different guns, both manufactured in 1913. It was a typical ďdrop gun.Ē

Finding a gun in the hand of a person killed by a single gunshot points to murder rather than suicide unless the deceased experienced cadaveric spasm, which freezes the grip on the gun. Normally a handgun used to commit suicide would fall to the ground when fired, often ending up several feet from the body because of the recoil. The officer who removed the gun from Fosterís hand said it was there because Fosterís thumb was stuck between the trigger and the trigger guard. He said he had to half-cock the hammer to get it past the joint. A photo of the gun in Fosterís hand shows the trigger guard circling the thumb below the joint, undermining the claim that it was stuck on his thumb.

The Park Police also had evidence from the photos they had taken of a small-caliber bullet wound in the right side of Fosterís neck under the jaw line. Sgt. Rolla had overlooked it, but Richard Arthur and George Gonzalez, two paramedics who had examined the body, saw it. Arthur believed it was made by a small-caliber bullet fired upward into the skull. He and Corey Ashford, who had helped bag the body, said the death was a homicide.

Miquel Rodriguez, a prosecutor hired by independent counsel Ken Starr to conduct a grand jury investigation, saw this wound on a Polaroid photo, which he had enlarged and enhanced. If he had been permitted to complete the grand jury investigation, he would have exposed the many lies that were told to cover up Fosterís murder. He resigned after Starrís Washington deputy interfered with his aggressive questioning of the Park Police officers. Rodriguez has said that it was clear to him that Kenneth Starr was determined to confirm the Park Police findings.

Rodriguez would have exposed Dr. James Beyer, who performed Fosterís autopsy and lied to explain the absence of any x-rays. Beyer accept-ed the theory that Foster had fired the .38 revolver with the barrel inside his mouth. He said the entrance wound was in the back of his throat, 7-1/2 inches below the top of his head. He claimed that this bullet exited through the back of Fosterís skull, three inches below the top of his head, leaving a large hole. His report said x-rays were taken. They would show if Sgt. Rolla was right in saying there was no exit wound in the skull and if Richard Arthur was right that Foster was killed by a small-caliber bullet fired from under his jaw into his brain.

Beyer testified that he had no x-rays because the machine had mal-functioned. That was a lie. The service records show that there was no call for service on the machine until three months after Fosterís death. Ken Starr subpoenaed those records, but he didnít use them to force Dr. Beyer to produce the x-rays that could have proven Rodriguez was right.