Law School Discussion

Getting into law school vs. Med school

Re: Getting into law school vs. Med school
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 12:41:18 PM »
I read somewhere, recently, that med schools are actually placing less emphasis on the MCAT in admissions. I'm sure it's still very important, but relative to its importance in the past, it isn't weighed as much these days. Most, if not all med schools require an interview.

Funny to think only 1 law school requires an interview and a standardized test is one of the most, if not the most, important part of the application.

This is the case in Canada too.  But I can understand why med schools require an interview whereas law schools don't.  You can have evil lawyers but you can't have evil doctors.  :D

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: Getting into law school vs. Med school
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 12:42:44 PM »
I did better on my first (and only) MCAT than I did on my first LSAT, and with somewhat comparable amount of preparation. Also did better on my GMAT than on my LSAT... perhaps I decided to go for the wrong school actually... :p

I hear stuff like this a lot, and maybe you were joking, but some people do think this way.  You shouldn't go to law school because you're good at the LSAT, nor should you avoid it because you're bad at the LSAT.  If you want to be a lawyer, go to law school.  If you want to be a business person, go the business school.  If you want to be a doctor, go to med school.  Who gives a care what test you're best at?  Or even what career you'd be best at?  Do with your life what you WANT to do, which is not necessarily what you're good at.

Yeah, I was just joking, I have no doubt that I'm going to law school for the right reasons :)