Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Univ.of Oregon.  (Read 2386 times)

Ana.C

• View Profile
    • Email
Univ.of Oregon.
« on: September 10, 2007, 03:13:16 PM »
Have any of you got into Univ.of Oregon School of Law- Eugene with a scholarship??? If yeah, can you tell me how much? Univ.of Oregon is my top choice and want to know if I have any chances of getting some $$$ from them.

Also, are there any of you who go to Univ.of Oregon now? Would you be willing to answer some of my questions about it?

Thank you. Ana

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Univ.of Oregon.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 03:37:09 PM »
It seems that Oregon, like most state schools, offer very little scholarship money. I'm expecting their offers top out for most students at 9k/yr this fall (last year it was 8k). You can't get instate in Oregon, though, if you start as a non-resident. The nice thing is that the difference is only 8k or so a year.

I think they're probably the strongest for placement in Oregon. LC puts a lot in Portland, but they also have the advantage of being in Portland. Oregon rides a bit off of their university reputation.

The facility is pretty nice. New, modern, not terribly unique or impressive, but very nice.

Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

Ana.C

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 02:30:44 PM »
Thank you LOTS.

sillysassafrass

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:12:22 PM »
I got in with $3K a year in scholarship money. It was the pretty much the lowest scholarship I recieved, and also one of the lower schools I applied to. I assume they don't give out much money. (3.95 GPA, 158 + 165 LSAT, 5 years work experience after UG)
In: UW, L&C$$$,Indiana U$$$,Univ Colorado$,U Denver $$$, U Oregon $, Utah $$$, Baylor $$$$, Tulane $$$$, Illinois $$$, Temple $$, Boston College, St. Louis U $$$$, UC Davis, UNM
Denied: Berkeley
WL: U Texas, Duke, Northwestern
3.95 GPA, 158+165 LSAT, 5 years NEPA experience since UG

kimber1028

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 01:08:05 AM »
Is there anyone on the forum who will be attending UO this fall?
University of Oregon 2012

myartar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 07:38:57 AM »
I really wanted to, but the lack of aid and the terrible delays in communication have turned me off.

LividWolverine

• Come back later... I'm busy hailing to myself.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VictrixAbHinc
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 10:44:57 PM »
I'm looking at Oregon too. One thing I'm a bit concerned about is cracking other legal markets other than Portland. I hear Portland is pretty well saturated with attys as it is.
Breaks your heart, doesn't it? Take a salt tablet.