Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tulane vs. FSU  (Read 768 times)

Findedeux

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tulane vs. FSU
« on: March 12, 2004, 09:17:41 PM »
I am having trouble choosing between law schools. So far I have been accepted to Tulane, Pittsburgh, and FSU. I want to stay in FL so Pittsburgh is automatically out, which leaves the other two. The cost difference for the two schools is very large. Tuition alone at Tulane would run me 95K while the total cost of FSU would run me 60K. This doesn't even take into account interest accrued. As far as rankings go Tulane is #42 while FSU is #68. Tulane does have national placement and about 500 alumni in FL so it wouldn't be hard for me to find a job there. This being said, since FSU concentrates its placement in FL while Tulane merely has a wider (but weaker) placement power, would it make any sense to spend the extra money and go to Tulane? Thanks for any comments.

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tulane vs. FSU
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 09:40:25 PM »
This is a no-brainer.  Go to FSU if you want to practice in FL.  Tulane is just going to make things tougher for you down the road(financially and placement-wise).

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
Re: Tulane vs. FSU
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 11:08:38 PM »
I agree, the fact that there are no really nationally recognized schools in florida works in your favor in that FSU is the best school there (I think) and going there can easily and rightly be justified by the fact you want to stay in-state, just my opinion though. The difference between the schools really isn't that great.