Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yale Fast-Track Transfer Program  (Read 2618 times)

Don Corleone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Yale Fast-Track Transfer Program
« on: September 07, 2007, 04:51:34 AM »
Hello Folks,

One of my best friends was sitting on the waitlist all summer at Yale.  When they finally cut him from the waiting list a few days ago, they said how impressed they were with his application and offered him something called a "fast-track transfer option," which means that they will lower the transfer application requirements.  He was wondering, though, what sort of preference, if any, he could expect to receive through this program.  Does anybody have any experience with this "fast-track program"?  If so, did it basically make transferring pretty much automatic as long as a person didn't mess up royally during his or her first year of law school?  Or was it just a shorter application without any kind of presumptions to admit or deny by the Admissions Committee?  My friend hopes it means he'll get a large preference if he reapplies.  He figures that since so few people were offered this option, it has to imply some kind of preference.

Anyway, what does everybody think?  For the record, my friend is attending Georgetown this fall with a nice scholarship.  What sort of class rank would he need to be able to transfer to Yale through this program?

Thanks!

Don

the marauder

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gone to the finest school alright
    • View Profile
Re: Yale Fast-Track Transfer Program
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 07:17:53 PM »
I'm really curious about this.  Anyone?
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=marauder

The lover who just walked out your door
Has taken all his blankets from the floor.
The carpet, too, is moving under you
And it's all over now, Baby Blue.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 07:41:49 PM »
I don't know anything about the program, but you'd have to be a top 20 student at Georgetown to have a reasonable shot.
YLS c/o 2009

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 08:21:30 PM »
Hello Folks,

One of my best friends was sitting on the waitlist all summer at Yale.  When they finally cut him from the waiting list a few days ago, they said how impressed they were with his application and offered him something called a "fast-track transfer option," which means that they will lower the transfer application requirements.  He was wondering, though, what sort of preference, if any, he could expect to receive through this program.  Does anybody have any experience with this "fast-track program"?  If so, did it basically make transferring pretty much automatic as long as a person didn't mess up royally during his or her first year of law school?  Or was it just a shorter application without any kind of presumptions to admit or deny by the Admissions Committee?  My friend hopes it means he'll get a large preference if he reapplies.  He figures that since so few people were offered this option, it has to imply some kind of preference.

Anyway, what does everybody think?  For the record, my friend is attending Georgetown this fall with a nice scholarship.  What sort of class rank would he need to be able to transfer to Yale through this program?

Thanks!

Don

Maybe your friend should ask Yale directly what this means instead of grasping at straws from a group of people who are law school student hopefuls, and not Yale admissions directors who know Yale's Fast-Track transfer policies... all you can get here is pointless speculation. Call the school and ask them directly.
Vanderbilt 2010