Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Problem with being out of country in the spring?  (Read 311 times)

SABound

• View Profile
Problem with being out of country in the spring?
« on: September 06, 2007, 04:55:47 PM »
I am planning on being out of country (South Africa) from January to the end of April. I will have my apps all in by then, but I'm wondering if this will be a problem at all? Are admitted student weekends typically over by the end of April or would I be able to go to some in May? I'm most concerned about applications for scholarships or getting to visit schools. What does everyone think? Thanks!

BeachBum

• View Profile
Re: Problem with being out of country in the spring?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 11:31:39 AM »
I'm in a similar situation...I'm traveling from Oct-April. I've been looking forward to (and saving for) this trip all my life. I'm going to get my apps in before I leave but definitely NOT going to change my plans...
3.7ish, 170+

formerapplicant

• View Profile
Re: Problem with being out of country in the spring?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 04:17:00 AM »
Yes, it will be a problem in that you'll miss most if not all ASWs, and that any reimbursement they offer will be much less enticing.  Just make sure you have Internet access and someone willing to scan you your mail, and the applications themselves will be fine.

I ended up taking a(n expensive) trip back for a couple weeks to go to 4 ASWs and those schools pushed the others out of consideration because I had personal experience with them.  I don't think I would have been terribly unhappy with any of my choices, but I'm definitely happy I got those ASWs in.