Law School Discussion

How many practests?

How many practests?
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:17:24 AM »
How many have you guys taken since you started studying? I think I'm like 25 by now. Is that baller or amateur?

Re: How many practests?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 10:20:37 AM »
The answer to that question depends on you. I know people who took 10 prep tests and then aced the real thing, and people who took 40 and bombed it. I'd be much more comfortable calling people in the former category ballers than people in the latter.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 10:31:29 AM »
True, good point. I suppose I should have left out my last sentence. I'm more curious how many most ppl here have taken. Are we representative of the average taker or are we LSAT freaks?

Also, is there a search function on LSD that someone can direct me to? I can't seem to find it.

Whoaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:50:34 AM »
20 by now....35 by testday. All within the last 50 days.

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 11:00:52 AM »
So you guys take it almost one every other day? My practice test scores are all over the place so I am trying to make it more consistent.  Would taking more practice tests help solve that problem?

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 12:22:03 PM »
Can taking one every day be counterproductive? Or will greater frequency almost always be a step in the right direction? Gurus, your thoughts?

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 02:14:41 PM »
I will have taken every test released by LSAC come test day. Ive been taking practice tests since march. But I will say that after about 15 tests my score hit a plateau around 167 and I am slowly creeping up to the 170 range (its such a female dog). It really depends on you. Take as many as you can. There is a rhythm to the test and you want to go into the test understanding your rhythm. Dont take the old tests they are significantly different in the question mix for LR and the games are much more difficult.

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 06:06:23 PM »
Can taking one every day be counterproductive? Or will greater frequency almost always be a step in the right direction? Gurus, your thoughts?

Let me just say that if you do not learn from your mistakes on every test you take, taking a greater number of tests will only limit your amount of study materials for when you have to retake the test.  8)

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 02:11:50 AM »
Have taken 20 so far; have 43 tests in all.  Taking 4 this weekend (2 Superprep Saturday, 1 Superprep + 1 from "Next 10 Actual" Sunday) and 3-4 this upcoming week.  Saving Preptest 46-51 for last week before the test, and June 2007 for two days before the test (I probably won't do any studying the day before).  Should finish all 43 tests by test day...taking a 2-week break from work from Sept 15-29, wheeee.

(Games are also my weak spot right now :(, so I'm planning on going over all the games from all the tests again, at least twice for each game, before the actual test comes.  So far I'm only halfway through the first 10 Actual LSATs book lol)