I cannot attend law school unless I am getting a substantial scholarship. (((My top law school is Univ.of Oregon.))) If I get in, but I do not get a scholarship, I need to refuse their acceptance, and wait another year- so I can retake the LSAT and reapply. Is whether my refusal to attend their school for 2008, going to affect the admissions decision to accept me the following year? My chances for a $$$ now are low with my LSAT. Should I apply anyway or should I just wait until next year and apply then? Are they going to feel offended that I refused to attend their school? Thank you. Ana
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PMi rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much
Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PMI went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.
I'd go now and take out loans. Chances are it will cost less than the lost future income of waiting another year...
I dunno about UO, but 3L's here seem to have offers in the 165 range for major cities and 140 range for secondary markets.
Do note that total debt isn't the correct number to think about in this case, but rather the difference in expected debt if the scholarship is realized. Lets say tuition is $30k and year and you get a full tuition scholarship, then your looking at a $90k difference.
Also, to just look at the first year is only valid if you expect your post-law-school salary to remain more or less static, if you expect it to go up every year then you'd have to factor that in as well. Say you expect a $20k raise/yr then you've got whatever your expected salary is (lets say $140k - current salary + 20k x however many years you plan to practice). An imperfect model to be sure, but it illustrates the principle involved I think:)
Page created in 1.27 seconds with 17 queries.