Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ..just got rocked by the june '07 test...  (Read 1484 times)

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
  • Need lots of good karma!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
..just got rocked by the june '07 test...
« on: September 01, 2007, 05:32:17 PM »
I've been prepping for a long time, so I figured it was time to see where my hard work has gotten me in terms of current tests; in comes the June '07 LSAT (w/ sec. 3 of PT 25 as the ex.).

I got a 156, [insert profanity-laden comments here……..]

Completely devastated.

Games, fairly easy. Some how I ran out of time and guessed on every question on the last game (-8)

First arguments, fairly difficult. Made some pitiful mistakes that costed me (-8)

Second arguments, fairly easy. Performed as well as I normally do (~4).

Reading Comp, comparative reading wasn’t as bad as I anticipated; but the last passage violated me in all kinds of ways (much like guessing on the last game) (-9).

Obviously this test is the best overall indicator of my expected performance on the 29th.

My question to you all is, what can I do to scrap my soul off the ground (other than beer bonging a fifth of captain morgan and doing a swan dive off a six-story balcony). This test truly took the determination out of me.

Just goes to show you that the logical difficulty of the tests aren't getting easier, yet the scale is crazy.

..and to throw salt on the wound, Michigan lost to Appalachian State?
UGPA: 3.8

LSAT: Dec. '07

Dream school: Michigan!

Whoaz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ..just got rocked by the june '07 test...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 08:39:24 PM »
You are scaring me. I have taken timed tests, and I am getting 165-69. You got a 165 on 31/32, I got a 165/169 on those two tests.

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 09:12:04 PM »
Well, let me put the test in full perspective. I drank three beers the night before, but more importantly, I was up till around 3:30AM and got up at 7:30AM to take the test. The other PTs I took were all in the afternoon as well.

Like I said, on the first arguments section I made a ton of REALLY stupid mistakes (for example, I got questions 2 and 3 wrong, both of which were probably a 1 or 2 on LSAC’s 1-5 difficulty scale).

I often read on here that the newer tests are harder, and I don't agree with that. I do, however, fully agree that the tests aren't any easier all the while the scale is consistently getting tougher. Even taking into account my several amateur mistakes, the scale is still very rough.

Here are my impressions of the June ’07 LSAT vs. old LSAT’s:

Games: Noticeably easier

Arguments: Very small, if any, difference between the two (perhaps the language on newer ones is slightly more convoluted).

Reading Comp: The first three passages weren’t bad (including comp. reading), but the fourth passage was absolutely ridiculous – so I’m saying Reading Comp., in general, is somewhat harder on new tests.

Overall, I believe the relative logical difficulty of the June ’07 test isn’t greater than that of the old tests – the real difference is in the newly tightened scale. For example, I have a friend who has taken 4/5 LSATs and has never scored below a 160 (before we scored our tests together he was quoted as saying, "sh*t, I never get below a 160."). He got a 159.

I better step up my LSAT studying and/or revise my list of schools which to apply.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 10:13:30 PM »
I know how you feel

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 11:42:32 AM »
Your inferior wit is almost as unimpressive as your masculinity, amped. While I'm undoubtedly struggling with the LSAT, my superior intelligence wouldn’t allow for such an incompetent life decision. If my only acceptances came from Cooley and Appalachian (both of which I would never apply to), needless to say, I wouldn’t be going to law school.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »
Uh oh.  I just got rocked by it, too...although not as bad as you (sorry!).  I got a 166.  I've been scoring in the 168-172 range so this was below my average.  If I have to take another 3-4 points off of that on test day I'll die.  I'll just die.   :'(

RC is normally my worst section.  I missed 6, which is actually on the low end of my average so it wasn't so bad for me, I guess.  The difference here was I missed 4 on LG (what the heck???).  I normally rock LG.  When I looked back they were stupid mistakes that I should NOT have made (missed 2 gimme questions).  I think I just wasn't paying attention.  I finished that section with about 5 minutes to spare.  I should have slowed down and paid more attention in the first place.

Ok...back to studying.  I'm motivated again!
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 02:00:59 PM »
I'm scared to take this test now.
Michigan 2L

TeresaPinfold

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 03:45:50 PM »
Actually, that might be good practice. I know when I took the real June 2007 LSAT, it was on about 4 hours of sleep. It's pretty hard to drift off the night before.

The questions on the test are pretty easy, but the curve, with -2 a 178, is brutal.

Eric9064

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 04:12:37 PM »
The testmasters course that I am taking offers this as the last diagnostic test (about a week before the real thing). From what I am hearing this makes me kind of nervous. I could see my confidence really getting shaken with a poor score. Any thoughts?

Shark Week

• Sr. Citizen
  • officially a Michigan troll now
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 05:44:03 PM »
see we told you it was hard  :D
Michigan '11