Law School Discussion

Addendum...or no ?

Whoaz

• View Profile
Addendum...or no ?
« on: August 31, 2007, 08:19:38 PM »
Quick question. Should I write an addendum for this scenario?

I took in June 05 and got a 152. It was well below my avg, and I retook w/ no added prep in Oct 05 w/ a 163. The only thing I can see as the cause for my low score is the drive to the test center. It was a 225+ mile roundtrip from where I was staying (I was taking summer courses). Should I write an addendum? I am retaking in Sep 07, and I hope to do better than my 163 (looking for 166+). THanks.

Re: Addendum...or no ?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 10:06:06 AM »
As I understand it, the ABA passed new guidance that goes into effect this year that basically tells the schools to take the higher of two scores. Meaning in theory that the schools will just take the highest score and not worry about the rest.

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 05:26:10 PM »
As I understand it, the ABA passed new guidance that goes into effect this year that basically tells the schools to take the higher of two scores. Meaning in theory that the schools will just take the highest score and not worry about the rest.

I have spoken to schools about retaking. They say if there is a major point jump you SHOULD include an addendum. If you are really worried contact schools individually for their preference.

Whoaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 06:31:46 PM »
Thanks Penny

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 12:03:04 PM »
I agree with Penny.

Your score has such a large jump that really just about anything you say will be accepted.

So your driving 225 miles to your test center is more than valid. If I had to drive that much to take the LSAT's I don't think i'd score any higher than you.

You'll be fine. Good luck with retaking the LSAT i'm sure you can break 166.

always

t...

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 12:21:55 PM »
U-Washington wanted me to write an addendum explaining everything, so long as there was a legitimate reason. The adcom asked me why I didn't write one for my retake score - I told her it was because I took a year to study and improve, and didn't feel the admissions office wanted to burdened with such a commonality, but I guess she did.

Lessons learned.

Whoaz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 01:19:15 PM »
Thanks for all of the help