Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nontrad LOR dilemma - help  (Read 512 times)

bachja13

• View Profile
Nontrad LOR dilemma - help
« on: August 30, 2007, 10:04:39 PM »
I'm 20+ years out of school and have no academic LOR possibilities but did manage to come up with something I think I should add to my employer LORs. A few years out of college, I went to work in the intelligence community and graduated from a three-year intern program that consisted of rotational assignments and in-house classes and ended with a written thesis and oral exam. Each intern had an advisor, so I emailed (the only contact info I could find) mine  today. Sent a lengthy email detailing who I was (he advised my husband as well), giving him an "out" in case he didn't remember me (this was 15 years ago) and asking if he might be able to help. He's a retired high-level executive, Harvard grad, etc.

He responded with a very brief note, saying he'd be glad to help and asked me to send him a resume and tell him what I want him to do. From the email, I honestly can't tell if he remembers me or not but he's willing to help, so I should go with it, right? Aside from sending him the LSAC form and resume, what else should I do to help direct him? (I'm assuming the guy has written his share of recommendations over the years.)

I'm such a noob at this and my LOR options are slim, so I don't want to screw this up.

Advice?