Law School Discussion

[Some] minorities [agree]....Class based AA.

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
Re: The smart minorities get it....Class based AA.
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2007, 07:16:19 AM »
I'm officially retiring from LSD (too many elitist liberal a**holes on here).

As for you dashrashi, women like you are the reason domestic violence laws have to be in place; I hope you graduate top of your class at HLS and eventually become the first female president of the U.S. Then one of your ex's comes along and assassinates you. cheers.

I still haven't met an opponent of Affirmative Action who isn't a racist misogynist.  I'm waiting, but until then, veiled death threats and generalized idiocy like this will do.

What a sheltered life you live.

« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2007, 08:33:56 AM »
I'm officially retiring from LSD (too many elitist liberal a**holes on here).

As for you dashrashi, women like you are the reason domestic violence laws have to be in place; I hope you graduate top of your class at HLS and eventually become the first female president of the U.S. Then one of your ex's comes along and assassinates you. cheers.

I still haven't met an opponent of Affirmative Action who isn't a racist misogynist.  I'm waiting, but until then, veiled death threats and generalized idiocy like this will do.

:D

H4CS

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2007, 08:47:01 AM »

Denial sounds like fun, I should try it sometime.  It must be nice not to see your own privilege, I imagine it lets one get through life with significantly less thinking. 

*Looks through thread*

Indeed.

« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2007, 08:59:50 AM »

Denial sounds like fun, I should try it sometime.  It must be nice not to see your own privilege, I imagine it lets one get through life with significantly less thinking. 

*Looks through thread*

Indeed.

And significantly more whining.

t...

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2007, 09:04:52 AM »

*Looks through thread*

Indeed.

And significantly more whining.

Quit perpetuating the oppression of the white man.

« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2007, 09:23:22 AM »
Shan't.

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
Ok, you tell me which of you began working for $2/hr at age ll, saved enough to pay for your first car and all its expenses by 15 and worked every summer thereafter. From factories to wharehouses, to telemarketing, to corn fields with illegal immigrants - I've done it. I quite a job when I discovered that an adult, I'd trained was paid 2x what they paid me for the same position, with two years experience.

When I got in trouble with the law, I paid thousands of dollars in fines, showed up for every probation appointment and never repeated my mistake. I paid private college tuition w/o loans. I've been attacked in the street by thugs. Privileged? The only privilege I've ever had is two loving parents. But they had little money while I grew-up, I still remember shopping at the second hand store for school clothes. I didn't have a pair of name brand tennis shoes till I turned 14.

And if you read my posts, you'd see that I have at least 5 URM friends - very good friends.

Hopefully, you'll are no longer sheltered.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2007, 12:06:17 PM »
Ok, you tell me which of you began working for $2/hr at age ll, saved enough to pay for your first car and all its expenses by 15 and worked every summer thereafter. From factories to wharehouses, to telemarketing, to corn fields with illegal immigrants - I've done it. I quite a job when I discovered that an adult, I'd trained was paid 2x what they paid me for the same position, with two years experience.

When I got in trouble with the law, I paid thousands of dollars in fines, showed up for every probation appointment and never repeated my mistake. I paid private college tuition w/o loans. I've been attacked in the street by thugs. Privileged? The only privilege I've ever had is two loving parents. But they had little money while I grew-up, I still remember shopping at the second hand store for school clothes. I didn't have a pair of name brand tennis shoes till I turned 14.

And if you read my posts, you'd see that I have at least 5 URM friends - very good friends.

Although it raises an eyebrow to see that one counts (or can count) their minority friends on one hand, this is a great personal testimony of overcoming adversity in America.

Are you offering it to compare to the adversity overcome by minority students or to show that you, personally, do not feel privileged?

OperaAttorney

• Freude, Königin der Weise!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2007, 12:32:26 PM »

Although it raises an eyebrow to see that one counts (or can count) their minority friends on one hand, this is a great personal testimony of overcoming adversity in America.

Are you offering it to compare to the adversity overcome by minority students or to show that you, personally, do not feel privileged?

Big bruh, you beat me to the punch! LOL

But yeah, Freak, you went through a lot. Keep up the good work. Stay up!

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2007, 12:59:35 PM »

Well since I grew up in predominantly white towns, it should raise no eyebrows. Further, I only counted close friends. I have about 20-25 total friends I consider close. That's b/t 20-25% percent minority friends & given the overall minority population...

And yes, I personally do not feel privileged. Now if you'll would like to share your stories, maybe I would feel differently.