Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Life as a 2L  (Read 7880 times)

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
Life as a 2L
« on: August 28, 2007, 02:51:08 PM »
So now I've successfully stormed the beach and made it thru 1L HELL, and I PROMISE you that you could never pay me to go thru that bull again!

ANYHOW, to all my 2Ls (and some 3Ls). How is life/law school different for you now. Do you enjoy school, or do you still carry a general distain for the ivory towers of academia?
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life as a 2L
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 02:51:49 PM »
LOL 

:D
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 04:26:19 PM »
def can breathe easier academically
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 04:31:22 PM »
2L is a busy-azz year.  Interviewing for a job IS a job.  Plus, if you belong to any group at all, you more than likely have taken an active leadership position during 2L, not to mention Moot Court, Law Review, judicial externship, BLSA conventions, [fill in the blank], etc.  Just busy.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 07:40:24 PM »
2L is a busy-azz year.  Interviewing for a job IS a job.  Plus, if you belong to any group at all, you more than likely have taken an active leadership position during 2L, not to mention Moot Court, Law Review, judicial externship, BLSA conventions, [fill in the blank], etc.  Just busy.

Don't get me started on BLSA. Why in the hell did they pick Detroit of all places for the National Convention? Don't they know it's COLD in Detroit in March? Plus somebody gonna get shot, all them bougie black folx in suits, somebody is gonna get shot, then stabbed, and maybe shot again for good measure.

They need to just keep it in Atlanta and make everybody happy.

But yer right about everything else. I got Moot Court/BLSA/AND Job hunting! I don't know why the jobs don't just look at my resume, and then be like, "Ok Darkie, we need a colored face around here. You got a job" Let's just save all the jibber-jabbin' and gasoline.

University of Law '09

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 07:45:16 PM »
Don't get me started on BLSA. Why in the hell did they pick Detroit of all places for the National Convention? Don't they know it's COLD in Detroit in March? Plus somebody gonna get shot, all them bougie black folx in suits, somebody is gonna get shot, then stabbed, and maybe shot again for good measure.

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 07:49:23 PM »

Seriously, at least in Atlanta there is little to no chance that somebody will rob you for your Chinchilla or Fur coat, cuz it's too damn hot for that down here. At most, you might get lost cuz you forgot that Peachtree Street is a one way street and that it is completely different than Peachtree Center, or Peachtree Ave. or Peachtree Battle or the dozen other streets named Peachtree.

I thought Lawyers were supposed to specialize in SOLVING problems, not making more?

University of Law '09

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 07:53:49 PM »
LMAO.

Seriously, at least in Atlanta there is little to no chance that somebody will rob you for your Chinchilla or Fur coat, cuz it's too damn hot for that down here. At most, you might get lost cuz you forgot that Peachtree Street is a one way street and that it is completely different than Peachtree Center, or Peachtree Ave. or Peachtree Battle or the dozen other streets named Peachtree.

I thought Lawyers were supposed to specialize in SOLVING problems, not making more?

since when?
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 08:01:52 PM »
LMAO.

since when?

That's what they told me when they took my $$$ this semester and the two previous ones. I still believe the concept of "Law School" is really just a cash-cow for Major Universities. How much does it really cost to have some brainiac former Supreme Court Clerk stand in a room of naive over-achievers and discuss the underlying philosophies of the law and give RIDICULOUS situations that probably will never occur in real life?

This is some Amway-type hustlin' goin' on!

University of Law '09

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 09:01:09 PM »
cuz you forgot that Peachtree Street is a one way street

Peachtree is definitely two-way.