Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rec From Retail Employer  (Read 546 times)

BroadwayMusicals

• View Profile
Rec From Retail Employer
« on: August 26, 2007, 03:19:29 AM »
I already have 2 recs from professors.  I was thinking about getting a third rec from my supervisor at work.  My job is along the lines of Staples / Office Max; I've been there for a year.  It seems that most of the employer recs that people submit are from professional jobs.  Something is telling me it would be immature to send a LOR from my supervisor at a retail store.  On the other hand, everyone says to use people who know you the best.  The supervisor knows me well and could add a more personal side that the academic letters are lacking.

Should I just send the 2 academic letters or ask the supervisor for a third one?

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
Re: Rec From Retail Employer
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 01:28:41 PM »
My response on LORs is that it never hurts to ask. You can always decide not to use it. Who knows, your supervisor might let you read it and then you decision would be petty easy. If you do ask him/her it willl be important for your attributes that will be applicable to law school be emphasized.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.