Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ever seen anyone prep full time?  (Read 732 times)

skillerj

• You want to eat?
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolNumbers
    • Email
Ever seen anyone prep full time?
« on: August 24, 2007, 08:39:35 PM »
It seems that the majority of the people studying for the LSAT in LSD is at the same time either working full time, or at least part time, or in school. Is there anyone, like me, who is going full time LSAT-prepping? I've been studying for the Sept. LSAT since May. I took a year off after graduation just to study for the LSAT. I am aiming for 170 but haven't reached it yet.

Am I overdoing it...?
Not worth it?

Just a small grumbling out of half jealousy and half frustration of the fact that some people would get great scores prepping while in school or work.

SergioCQH

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ever seen anyone prep full time?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 08:43:09 PM »
It's not a bad investment of time, but if you are not seeing the results you are looking for, perhaps you should try a different approach.

bluepeter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 07:05:38 PM »
I intend to study full time all thru September.  I've been devoting about 10 hours a week since the beginning of July.  I've done at least one preptest everyday for the last couple of weeks and averaging 172.  I figure if I study full time all next month I can get in the 170s - or at least I hope so...I want to go to U of Chicago.

Imperial Russian Stout!

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Evil Stork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 08:16:14 PM »
I've been full-time since mid-July.  I've progressed slowly, which sucks (especially when you're a regular on this board), but I can feel myself getting to where I need to be by test day.  LG is my weakest section and it's the most learnable one; I've just been REALLY slow to pick up on it.  Most people I talk to in my TM course have been studying part-time, but plan to go full-time starting now or next week.

What I've found helpful if you're studying full-time is to allow for some "lite days" or even a full day break after a 7-9 straight days of studying.  Seriously, you have to clear your mind after a while and I find that when I return to the material I'm rejuvenated and back on an even keel.  You have to remind yourself that there is other stuff going on in the world and that it's just a test.

skillerj

• You want to eat?
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolNumbers
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 10:10:08 AM »
Thanks for the input everyone - I just saw the replies today.
I started out studying with LRB and Kaplan Lesson Book (a friend gave it to me after taking a course from Kaplan - she barely touched it) after a month, I only studyed by doing preptests and reviewing wrong answers.

So - there's exactly 13 days left now, and my scores are fluctuating.

I think my main problem is reading - on a good day, I can read faster with more comprehension. On other days things don't really hit my brain right - they get deflected.

I wish there was something that improves my concentration on text-reading. A thinking brain maybe? LOL

Good luck to everyone taking the LSAT this month!