Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What gift are you sending your recs?  (Read 5882 times)

blupblup

• View Profile
Re: What gift are you sending your recs?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 03:17:46 AM »
I also know my recommenders well. I decided to get them a gift off of Oxfam's Unwrapped. https://www.oxfamamericaunwrapped.com/
Basically a donation in their name, but the cards are creative and I like Oxfam a lot.

jnb983

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 07:19:08 AM »
Unless you are hoping to subtly prod them into completing the letter...

What would be a good class of gift to acheive this goal without going over the top?  In this situation, I think a gift card or any money equivalent would be tacky.
yo: Gtown($$), RU-C($), GW($), UIUC($$), Northwestern($)
no-go: Berkeley, H, Y, UChi
so-so: Fordham, Mich, UCLA, Columbia, Vandy, UVA, Penn, NYU 

el ess en

nicole1220

• Sr. Citizen
  • I feel like that Chihuahua.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 04:34:16 PM »
What would be a good class of gift to acheive this goal without going over the top?  In this situation, I think a gift card or any money equivalent would be tacky.

I think that the book idea would be good for that, but it depends on your relationship. One of my recommenders is a huge Denver Broncos fan, so I am getting him one of those plastic helmets that sits on your desk. Cheesy perhaps, but I think he'll like it.
GW '11?

rsr28

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 10:35:30 PM »

I think that the book idea would be good for that, but it depends on your relationship. One of my recommenders is a huge Denver Broncos fan, so I am getting him one of those plastic helmets that sits on your desk. Cheesy perhaps, but I think he'll like it.

I think that's excellent.

nicole1220

• Sr. Citizen
  • I feel like that Chihuahua.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 10:25:33 AM »
Why thank you!
GW '11?

bridget_jones

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 06:08:46 PM »
I got scented candles for my recommenders (both women). I think no more than $20 is appropriate. Just my opinion, though.

rsr28

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 08:26:19 PM »
Why thank you!

One of my rec's is a HUGE Notre Dame fan so that gave me the idea to get a similar gift.  I'll only buy a gift because I know it is a great fit and is not awkward and he will really like it and this is the only thing that would meet all those criteria.

Also, he has (repeatedly) told me that if I end up going to Notre Dame he'll "let me" get him FB tickets as often as I'd like to. :D