Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to defeat Affirmative Action  (Read 3279 times)

ColdBlue

• View Profile
How to defeat Affirmative Action
« on: August 19, 2007, 11:17:19 PM »
Just put on the LSDAS and law school application that you're [insert minority race here]. What can they do? Nothing! Even if they tried to question it... hell we're all told in our liberal education that "races don't exist and it's a social construct, blah, blah, blah"... so just play their bull right back to them on how you identify as being Hispanic or whatever, or you can just scream racism.   

See liberals are playing a game, and sometimes liberals get played.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How to defeat Affirmative Action
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 11:42:22 PM »
Working hard and doing well on the LSAT would require actual work

It's easier just to blame black people and complain about AA.

Why didn't you work harder in UG and do better on the LSAT?

ColdBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 12:21:07 AM »
Working hard and doing well on the LSAT would require actual work

It's easier just to blame black people and complain about AA.

Why didn't you work harder in UG and do better on the LSAT?

I did. It was that simple.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 12:24:01 AM »

Then you benefit from AA.  Who the hell would want to go to a law school where everyone was like them?

ColdBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 11:45:52 AM »

Then you benefit from AA.  Who the hell would want to go to a law school where everyone was like them?

Just because everyone in a class room is of the same race doesn't mean that everyone would be the same; there's something called a human mind that is different from person to person.

Retards like you should be banned from entering law school because you can't think for yourself… which is vital for the curriculum. 

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 11:53:24 AM »
H4CS, get a stick.  This one is trying to jump out of the box.

I know I shouldn't bother but I've been floating this idea for a while.  I think turning the rhetoric of laziness back onto white men who whine about AA has potential.  I mean, high-scoring whites clearly benefit from AA, which isn't brought up enough.  It's got some carrot and some stick.  I'll get the stick.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 02:20:48 PM »
A long time ago, I remember a place where there was no AA.  Interestingly, not everyone was white.  There were quite a few Asians from many different backgrounds as well...

But we should just kick out the bottom 10% of whites and Asians and anybody else who works hard in favor of those with a skin tone more appealing to the Left.  For the good of society.  Because America is a meritocracy.

Recent study on AA showed it hurts Asians (generally first or second generation) more than any other group.  I must be Asian since I'm advocating for them, in the liberal's mind.

Instead of rambling on about Asians and liberals, you could have just worked harder in school and done better on the LSAT.  Then maybe a school would have admitted your sorry ass the first time around.  Whatever happened to personal responsibility in this country?  This guy from my high school was white and he worked hard to get in to top schools.  Why couldn't you?

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 05:55:31 PM »
I'm not complaining about my position, I would have ended up in the same place (which I'm quite satisfied with).  Besides, if 60%+ of seats are available competitively, there is no possible argument on a micro (personal) level.  This does not prevent me from commenting that the system, however, is inane.

Interesting how you immediately turn to ad hominem attacks when presented a coherent argument.  Seems unlike you.  Or did you Harvard kick your ass?

You don't comment, you whine.  If you were merely commenting, you wouldn't have changed your name to waitlisted and included your results. When you talk about AA, it sounds like Mike Nifong complaining about the problems created by the 24-hour news cycle.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 05:58:22 PM »
are you kidding?  this is probably his best character trait.  and i mean that in a complimentary way.

his zings tend to have a grain of truth to them, generally with something the "offended" party would find hurtful.  here, it really didn't.

Zing!  

That wasn't me, that was the sound of you furiously coming up with some story about the supposedly great job opportunities you have and why you're going to go to a law school that didn't want you in the first place.  Apparently, that sounds like Zing.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 06:00:32 PM »
all fine except that I don't feel personally slighted by AA, so your argument is a bit off.

I am unconvinced.  I've never met a vehement AA detractor who meant this when they said it.  People love to talk about abstract ideas of fairness and justice, but those who rag on AA like this aren't people who speak loudly about racism elsewhere (or anywhere in society).