Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to defeat Affirmative Action  (Read 3204 times)

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How to defeat Affirmative Action
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 06:01:27 PM »
spaulding: you haven't insulted me lately.  i'm a little hurt.

I've been busy and haven't really been around this board save to give help to the incoming 1Ls at HLS.  Didn't you have better things to do this summer?

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »
all fine except that I don't feel personally slighted by AA, so your argument is a bit off.

I am unconvinced.  I've never met a vehement AA detractor who meant this when they said it.  People love to talk about abstract ideas of fairness and justice, but those who rag on AA like this aren't people who speak loudly about racism elsewhere (or anywhere in society).

Sounds about right.
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

ColdBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 06:29:01 PM »
Instead of rambling on about Asians and liberals, you could have just worked harder in school and done better on the LSAT.  Then maybe a school would have admitted your sorry ass the first time around.  Whatever happened to personal responsibility in this country?  This guy from my high school was white and he worked hard to get in to top schools.  Why couldn't you?

So could blacks.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 06:31:25 PM »
Instead of rambling on about Asians and liberals, you could have just worked harder in school and done better on the LSAT.  Then maybe a school would have admitted your sorry ass the first time around.  Whatever happened to personal responsibility in this country?  This guy from my high school was white and he worked hard to get in to top schools.  Why couldn't you?

So could blacks.

You're not the boss of them...anymore.  You are the boss of you.  You could have worked harder.  You have nobody but yourself to blame.

ColdBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 06:36:33 PM »
You're not the boss of them...anymore.  You are the boss of you.  You could have worked harder.  You have nobody but yourself to blame.

So could blacks.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 07:29:20 PM »

So could blacks.

Uh-oh, I broke the troll.

ColdBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 07:41:53 PM »

You didn't break anything but yourself. All you do is say the same liberal retarded attack and I gave you the obvious answer to it twice since you didn't figure it out the first time. How many times have you repeated yourself with the "OMG if you're white/Asian... work harder on your GPA and LSAT" which you seem to apply that this doesn't have to be the case with blacks and mestizos because there's affirmative action to take care of their low academic talent.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 08:03:04 PM »

You didn't break anything but yourself. All you do is say the same liberal retarded attack and I gave you the obvious answer to it twice since you didn't figure it out the first time. How many times have you repeated yourself with the "OMG if you're white/Asian... work harder on your GPA and LSAT" which you seem to apply that this doesn't have to be the case with blacks and mestizos because there's affirmative action to take care of their low academic talent.

Man, this is good flame.  Nice use of the word mestizos, by the way, you really had me believing in  you for a while.

ColdBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 08:08:58 PM »
eh.  i agree with the rest of it.  but the relationship between AA and low academics is symbiotic ;)

Well, like you said, they bump off the bottom 10 - 20% of the white and Asian students and replace it with minorities that have lower GPA's and LSAT scores. So they have low academic talent compared to the other kids who are in top tier schools (because grade wise they shouldn't be there).

Man, this is good flame.  Nice use of the word mestizos, by the way, you really had me believing in  you for a while.

Why do you post?

O..M...G... he said mestizo and me being a liberal retard, that doesn't speak Spanish but loves minorities, has absolutely no idea what that is! OMG!

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 08:19:03 PM »
eh.  i agree with the rest of it.  but the relationship between AA and low academics is symbiotic ;)

Well, like you said, they bump off the bottom 10 - 20% of the white and Asian students and replace it with minorities that have lower GPA's and LSAT scores.

Wait, being a liberal retard, I didn't catch this.  Who'se getting bumped off?  Please spell out slowly for me without any of them tricky foreign words.  You need to work on your trolling, you're wavering.