Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What size font for Harvard PS?  (Read 9766 times)

big12fanatic18

• View Profile
    • Email
What size font for Harvard PS?
« on: August 18, 2007, 08:32:52 PM »
Are you using 11 or 12? Is it OK to use 11 for all PS's?

I'm kind of embarassed to be asking this.

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What size font for Harvard PS?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 08:54:22 PM »
Are you using 11 or 12? Is it OK to use 11 for all PS's?

I'm kind of embarassed to be asking this.

I'm doing size 11, .9 margins. I just made 2 pages, cut down from a little over 5.

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ViolaLovesMusic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 08:59:31 PM »
I used Perpetua 12 with 1" margins.

I like Perpetua--it's nice and narrow, but not obviously so like Arial Narrow.  And I think it sort of looks classier than Times New Roman, but that's probably just me.
Harvard 2010

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 09:05:09 PM »
I used Perpetua 12 with 1" margins.

I like Perpetua--it's nice and narrow, but not obviously so like Arial Narrow.  And I think it sort of looks classier than Times New Roman, but that's probably just me.

Obviously it worked for you :)

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 09:09:20 PM »
Are Courier or Courier New still acceptable? They have a sort of rustic sincerity to them...

Yeah, I would think they're acceptable, but they're so big!  I had trouble cutting my PS down to two pages, so I wanted something narrow.
Harvard 2010

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 09:16:07 PM »
Brit-- the problem with the font you suggested for me was that if felt like it was narrow but also not very tall. My double spacing looked like there was almost 2.5 spaces in between each line, it doesn't look pretty for me. I think I'm gonna stick with 11.5 size Times New Roman (sorry OP, I'm using 11.5, not 11. Similar difference, anyway).

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 09:25:38 PM »
Brit-- the problem with the font you suggested for me was that if felt like it was narrow but also not very tall. My double spacing looked like there was almost 2.5 spaces in between each line, it doesn't look pretty for me. I think I'm gonna stick with 11.5 size Times New Roman (sorry OP, I'm using 11.5, not 11. Similar difference, anyway).

I see what you mean.  It does look small.  The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.
Harvard 2010

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 09:30:26 PM »

I see what you mean.  It does look small.  The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

That thinking is very Harvard.

Brito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 09:54:37 PM »

At the time I thought it was very Chicago.  :D
Harvard 2010

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 11:21:38 PM »

At the time I thought it was very Chicago.  :D

You're right.