Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do I cancel my LSAT registration? Not just change the date . . .  (Read 11056 times)

Watch Me

• View Profile
I'm registered to take the September 07 LSAT but because of a few reasons, I'm not going to be able to take it then and, at this time, I don't know when the best date to reschedule it will be. I saw the option to change the test date or center but, without having to write a letter requesting a refund (as under F&Q), is there a place to cancel online that I'm not finding?

I'm not concerned right now about how much of a refund, if any, I'll get back. I just don't to have it show as a no-show on my record.

Thank you!!!

theo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Fine surname
Re: How do I cancel my LSAT registration? Not just change the date . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 11:47:43 AM »
I'm registered to take the September 07 LSAT but because of a few reasons, I'm not going to be able to take it then and, at this time, I don't know when the best date to reschedule it will be. I saw the option to change the test date or center but, without having to write a letter requesting a refund (as under F&Q), is there a place to cancel online that I'm not finding?

I'm not concerned right now about how much of a refund, if any, I'll get back. I just don't to have it show as a no-show on my record.

Thank you!!!

If you have the skills to post this question, you have the skills to find this info for yourself.  Furthermore, this is precisely the kind of info that you should under no circumstances take the word of someone else for.  I could be malicious, and give you the wrong info to mess you up. 

Stranger things have happened in law school and in practice...:

<<<<<<<<<<<
LSAT Refunds

Please note the deadlines and guidelines under Other LSAT Options. Late requests will not be processed.

To request a partial LSAT refund:

A signed, written request is required. Send the completed Refund Request Form or a written request to:

LSAC
Box 2000-T
Newtown, PA 18940

or fax to 215.968.1277.

Be sure to include:

your name, address, LSAC account number, and Social Security or Social Insurance or LSAC ID number
the date you wish to cancel
your signature and current date
Requesting a refund by the deadline will prevent the recording of an absentee notation on your file.

If you miss the refund deadline, you may still change your test date online. See test date change instructions above.

The current LSAT refund amount is $44 US ($51 CDN). See our Refund Policy for general information on partial refunds for LSAT and LSDAS.
>>>>>>>>>>

See the link for deadline (Sept. 28):

http://www.lsac.org/LSAC.asp?url=lsac/test-dates-deadlines.asp

quid leges sine moribus vanae proficiunt?

hotdogs

• View Profile
I wasn't planning to take the LSAT this June 2009, but one of my relatives signed me up on April 1st as an April Fool's joke using my bank account number and everything.  God damn it.

theo, the link you posted doesn't lead to the right information anymore.  Here it is: http://www.lsac.org/AboutLSAC/faqs-and-support-online-services.asp#refund

How do I request a refund?

LSAT and LSDAS fees are only partially refundable, due to the fact that processing costs are incurred in the registration process, regardless of whether you actually take the test or use the service.

Because of the large volume of registrations received, LSAC cannot prevent the processing of a registration once it is submitted. Refund policies apply to all methods of registration and are enforced without exception.

The following fees are not refundable:
Late fees, fees for change of test date or center, fees for nonpublished test centers.

To request an LSAT refund:

If you cannot take the test on the day for which you registered, LSAC will, upon written request, refund $47 ($49 CDN). Simply send LSAC a written request by the refund deadline. Your refund will take approximately six weeks to process, and your test registration will be canceled. Requesting a refund by the deadline will prevent the recording of an absentee notation in your file.

Note: The processing of a refund will cancel your test registration and no absentee notation for that test will appear on your file. Mail to LSAC, Box 2000-T, Newtown, PA 18940-0995 or fax to 215.968.1277.

I'm guessing that when it says "no absentee notation for that test will appear on your file", it means that it won't show that you cancelled the test (as it would if you cancelled after the test)?