Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: non law undergrad job  (Read 894 times)

big east boy

• View Profile
non law undergrad job
« on: August 17, 2007, 02:10:29 PM »
 I understand that work experience plays a big role in law school admission, but does it still play a big role when the job is driving a forklift and unloading freight.  Also, because of my job my junior and senior years have been pt (9 credits per semester) with summer classes thrown in.  Like many on this site I will be nearing my thirties when I enter law school and I have to work full time to pay the bills. Will all this be considered a plus or a minus?

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: non law undergrad job
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 03:31:24 PM »
plus. plus plus plus.  in a world of undergrads going straight to law school maturity is at a premium.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 09:22:21 PM »
Agreed wholeheartedly. Some of the nontrads I've met so far were bartenders, construction workers, meter maids, firefighters, and the list goes on.

In fact, I've only one thing that could possibly work against nontrads...disclosure. Some schools require disclosure of things that I can't even imagine why it even matters other than the state board of bar examiners thinks it matters. The older you are, the harder it is to remember every bloody speeding or parking ticket you've ever had.

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 11:35:44 PM »
Life experience is worth more than job experience. I would not worry about driving a forklift... it is a totally honorable job.

Now if you had a string of unsuccessful work experiences/attempts ... that would make you look bad.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.