Law School Discussion

LSAT PreP Courses

LSAT PreP Courses
« on: August 17, 2007, 07:14:13 AM »
I've been researching different LSAT Prep Courses and have heard that TestMasters is the best.  I've visisted www.testmasters.com and testmasters.net.  Are these the same company? TestMasters.com guarentees your score will go up 10 points.  Has anyone taken either of these and if so, what has been your experience?  Are their any other courses given that you would recommend?  I hear horror stories about Kaplan and Princeton Review. 

Thanks.

J_

• YOU! Yeah!!!! That guy!
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT PreP Courses
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 11:26:23 AM »
This is totally posted in the wrong place, but...

NO, they are NOT the same.   You want http://www.testmasters180.com/ (AKA scoreperfect if youre in texas).

My experience has generally been good. I have a solid and entertaining instructor, plenty of homework materials to use as practice (too many if you ask me ;) ), and at minimum 4 diagnostics (I'm taking an additional, optional one this weekend).

This diag ought to be a pretty good indicator of my progress

;;;;;

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 04:38:26 PM »
I've been researching different LSAT Prep Courses and have heard that TestMasters is the best.  I've visisted www.testmasters.com and testmasters.net.  Are these the same company? TestMasters.com guarentees your score will go up 10 points.  Has anyone taken either of these and if so, what has been your experience?  Are their any other courses given that you would recommend?  I hear horror stories about Kaplan and Princeton Review. 

Thanks.

Quick note: Kaplan is no good, a damn waste of time and money.

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 12:32:39 AM »
I am currently enrolled in testmasters and I have to say it was the best decision I have ever made.  There were only three people in my class and my instructor was awesome-she really takes the time to understand where each weakness is in students and helps to eliminate it.  I feel extremely prepared for the test on Monday and am actually excited to put everything I have learned to use on the real test.  Also, being a testmasters student, you have access to every single question that has ever been asked on the LSAT-you can also score your own diags online and find out your score immediately.  The amount of resources they give you access to is unreal.

I have a friend in Kaplan and she hates it.  I can't speak from my personal experience with it, but I can tell you hers is not good.

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 01:23:41 PM »
Great, good luck although u sound like u won't need it!

teoeo

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 11:09:28 AM »
I took a testmasters course and I was pretty happy with it. Having said that, my instructor had a lot of experience and I could see how it is a bit of a crap shoot for who you get. On the other hand, testmasters has pretty high standards and a rigorous training program.