Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm In Ur Process, Gettin My Fees Waived  (Read 417 times)

hegemonyhog

• View Profile
I'm In Ur Process, Gettin My Fees Waived
« on: August 17, 2007, 03:50:47 AM »
What's proper protocol for asking for a fee waiver from a law school?  It's going to be thin financially for me just getting to visit my top three or four schools, and I'm not looking forward to the $60 app fee plus LSAC fees plus the pint of blood for the scholarship applications.
Accepted: Columbia, Chicago, Michigan, Virginia, Duke, Northwestern, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, The Ohio State University

Pending: Yale, Harvard

Please note that the schools are listed entirely in order of US News ranking.

LSN

watts

• View Profile
Re: I'm In Ur Process, Gettin My Fees Waived
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:01:39 PM »
Some schools have waiver info and forms on their websites. If not, you could call/email the schools you're going to apply to and ask what their procedure is.

It might not be a bad idea to send your GPA & LSAT to schools where you are over the 75th percentile for both numbers. I've heard of people having success doing this, and they recieved merit based fee waivers from schools that don't regularly offer them through LSAC's CRS.

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I'm In Ur Process, Gettin My Fees Waived
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 11:16:25 AM »
i had to laugh at the subject line. you've got to be an eljayer! i want a cat macro!
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid