Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Northeastern Class of 2010  (Read 1114 times)

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Northeastern Class of 2010
« on: August 16, 2007, 02:40:14 PM »
Anyone, anyone?

Is it just me or are they repeating the financial aid talk/speaker from ASW?

imnotcoherent

• AOL Instant Messenger - imnotcoherent
    • View Profile
    • facebook is for losers
    • Email
Re: Northeastern Class of 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 01:48:54 AM »
I'm going!

It looks like they are repeating that speech, which I'm not too excited about. The first time around was informative, but I think that if I have to hear it again it'll just depress me. Maybe they'll cover managing finances from another angle since we've all already borrowed our monies.

See you in a little over a week!
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=imnotcoherent

Relay For Life! Help Us Fight Cancer

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 12:21:42 PM »
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(To having another future NUSL-er and to school starting in a little over a week!)   :D

That's so true about the financial aid discussion--it was incredibly depressing.  I'm afraid that they're just going to repeat it because not everyone was at ASW. 

Have you gotten your books?  I'm still waiting for one prof to post a book list, and only one of my teachers has listed the first assignment.  Though, I actually haven't started it yet, so I guess it doesn't matter that much to me that the others haven't posted.

imnotcoherent

• View Profile
    • facebook is for losers
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 01:28:37 PM »
I bought whichever books I needed for the 1st assignments/whichever were actually cheaper on Half.com/Amazon. I'm moving up there from NY so I figured I'd just buy whatever I can't get for a better price online at the bookstore and avoid shipping costs. I did the summer assignments for LSSC and Civil Procedure, but I forgot about Torts and nothing's been posted for Property yet. None of it took very long but I just want to make sure I have enough time to get all settled in my apartment and everything when I move up there on the 25th (heh, I'm in the grad student housing).

imnotcoherent

• View Profile
    • facebook is for losers
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 01:30:30 PM »
Ps- Where is everyone from our class? I haven't found anyone online really. I guess it's because our school is small...but even still! It's lonely over here and on Facebook.

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 03:23:33 PM »
That makes a lot of sense... when you're moving the last thing you need to worry about is doing homework!

I think that NU people are a lot less likely to post here because people can be a bit vicious here.  That, coupled with the whole "OMG, you didn't go to a T14 school, you're never going to get a job!!!" thing.  I'm on facebook at Northeastern, but I didn't think there was a separate LS one.

imnotcoherent

• View Profile
    • facebook is for losers
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 12:56:27 AM »
There isn't a seperate one, but I was looking for groups associated with the law school, but I don't think there are any. I changed my "network" to NEU and my profile looks sad because my only friend from NEU so far is my roommate.

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 01:28:40 AM »
After reading your post, I went on Facebook and there is a group--it's called Northeastern University School of Law Class of 2010.

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 11:15:03 AM »
According to the Northeastern bookstore website, the bookstore is going to be closed the 25-26.

Can that be right?  I want to call them and ask, but when I click on "contact us" it doesn't do anything.

Grrr....

imnotcoherent

• View Profile
    • facebook is for losers
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 05:45:21 PM »
You must have awesome google-fu. I searched but somehow came up with nothing the last time I tried.

I REALLY hope the bookstore isn't closed those days because I move in on the 25th and won't be able to buy the rest of my books before class if that's true. I suppose it'd be ok though, since I have what I absolutely need now, I just hope it's not true.