Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone have problems w/ dell  (Read 774 times)

afer1500

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alexfiu1331
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anyone have problems w/ dell
« on: August 15, 2007, 11:30:05 AM »
Had to cancel my order for a laptop because they wouldn't ship until 9/5...

anyone else have similar problems?

afer1500

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone have problems w/ dell
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 11:47:16 AM »
nope i ordered inspiron 1501

i now have to buy a toshiba at best buy, yuck

afer1500

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 11:58:31 AM »
nope i ordered inspiron 1501

i now have to buy a toshiba at best buy, yuck

Nothing wrong with Toshibas, really.

Probably not, but it wasn't what i wanted. I now officially hate dell.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 02:23:07 PM »
yeah, I was under the impression that everyone who ever dealt with Dell had problems...
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 03:55:26 PM »
The only problems I had with Dell were AFTER I got it. They did not include the right amount of memory, the printer had to be replaced twice, and the computer crashed and died forever after only 2 1/2 years. It was a very expensive paperweight.

I am a mac girl now.  :)
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 05:05:14 PM »
yeah, I was under the impression that everyone who ever dealt with Dell had problems...

Ditto.

I especially love their tech help center.

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 05:55:35 PM »
The only problems I had with Dell were AFTER I got it. They did not include the right amount of memory, the printer had to be replaced twice, and the computer crashed and died forever after only 2 1/2 years. It was a very expensive paperweight.

I am a mac girl now.  :)

I'm sure you've heard of something called a warranty. It seems you didn't buy one and therefore your computer was not covered. How can you blame Dell for this? An Apple wouldn't be covered either after 2.5 years unless you had purchased an extended warranty for it. I've had both Apple and Dell computers and like Apple better but to blame Dell for selling you a computer that lasted 2.5 years is silly. Electronics fail all of the time so make sure to buy a warranty if you want to guarantee a piece of equipment. I know that my Dell will last at least 4 years because I purchased a 4 year warranty. I hope that makes sense.
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »
I'm sure you've heard of something called a warranty. It seems you didn't buy one and therefore your computer was not covered. How can you blame Dell for this? An Apple wouldn't be covered either after 2.5 years unless you had purchased an extended warranty for it. I've had both Apple and Dell computers and like Apple better but to blame Dell for selling you a computer that lasted 2.5 years is silly. Electronics fail all of the time so make sure to buy a warranty if you want to guarantee a piece of equipment. I know that my Dell will last at least 4 years because I purchased a 4 year warranty. I hope that makes sense.

I think you completely missed my point actually. I have had my Mac for 2 years and not a single problem yet. I had probelms with my Dell since the day I got it (a list too long to start).

Although a warrenty does cover some problems when they occur, it does not magically make your computer work better.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 07:52:42 PM »
dell is the devil. I managed about 250 computers, a few of them were dells, and I HATED it when something went wrong because they were impossible to deal to get things fixed/replaced, etc.

I've actually heard good things about toshiba laptops, but I'm not a laptop expert so *shrug*

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 03:55:50 PM »
Wow, I've NEVER had a problem with Dell.  I've purchased at least 3 computers (including the one I'm on right now), 2 printers and tons of other products from them and NEVER had a problem.  My orders always arrive super-fast and I've never had a problem with any of the products I've bought through Dell.

I love their website.  It's nice to be able to log on and customize a computer start to finish and order it...all in one sitting. 

I guess everyone has different experiences with different companies, though.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.