Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: feel like giving up  (Read 5797 times)

Natasha

• View Profile
feel like giving up
« on: September 23, 2004, 12:12:05 AM »
I am seriously thinking of giving up. I have studied so hard and my scores still basically suck. I want this so bad, and honestly there is nothing else I want to do in life. Basically I am scoring in the lower 150s, but I at 3.97 from a state school in the middle of nowhere. I took hard classes though, and can get good recommendations. Is there any hope for me? I am sure like everyone else, I really want to get into a top school, mostly because I want the challenge. My school is a football school, so I surrounded by people just trying to pass. I want to move beyond that type of environment so much, but I fear my scores will hold me back.

dgatl

Re: feel like giving up
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 12:15:48 AM »
I am seriously thinking of giving up. I have studied so hard and my scores still basically suck. I want this so bad, and honestly there is nothing else I want to do in life. Basically I am scoring in the lower 150s, but I at 3.97 from a state school in the middle of nowhere. I took hard classes though, and can get good recommendations. Is there any hope for me? I am sure like everyone else, I really want to get into a top school, mostly because I want the challenge. My school is a football school, so I surrounded by people just trying to pass. I want to move beyond that type of environment so much, but I fear my scores will hold me back.

i'm in a female dog mood, so i'm sorry if this comes out bad.  but honestly, quit your bitching and put your best foot forward.  you have a great f-ing GPA.  you don't like the fact that you're scoring in the 150's?  well, where do you want to go?  if you want to go to a T14, then wait until december to take the LSAT.  or better yet, study your ass off and take in february or june and sit out a year from law school.  football school?  you're LUCKY.  you're surrounded by douchebags trying to pass instead of top competitors.  i went to a football school too and loved it.

in essence, you have the ability to make this work.  you have a great f-ing GPA.  now get those LOR and dedicate your life to the LSAT.  if you want to give up now, then I won't want to see what happens to you as a 1L

jayhawk

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 12:17:44 AM »
Don't give up, I know exactly where you're coming from.  You've got an awesome GPA, and, while your LSAT practice scores aren't amazing, they're definitely something you can work with.  No matter what law school you end up at, the students are going to be more concerned with intellectual pursuits than football, I promise.  Are you taking the LSAT this October?

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 12:17:55 AM »
Have you taken a prep course other than KAPLAN OR PR?  Like Powerscore or Testmaster?  If not, reschedule to Dec. and take a prepcourse. 
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

Smokey Griggs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 01:25:05 AM »
don't listen to them baby, they just don't know.  @#!* that law school shizzy.  if you want, i can get you a real good gig as a breakfast cereal beta tester at kellog's in battle creek, michigan.  it's steady work in a reliable industry; mugs ain't about to quit eatin' breakfast cereal, let me tell you.  real estate around around battle creek is a buyer's market, too; we got a walmart and everything.  i imagine you can save enough to have a place of your own inside of five or six years, no sweat.  but if you need a place to crash while you get your set together, you're welcome to come stay with me at my place.  i've got a prime spot tucked away in one of the most exclusive transportable living parks in kalamazoo.  took me a while of hard work to get here, but it was worth it in the long run; we're getting equipped with cable modem in november!  let me know and i'll work it out with the wife.  you like kids, right?

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 02:40:35 AM »
Natasha: if you want this more than anything, you need to post more and let people help you.  There are methods...you just need to let us help.

Matt

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 09:56:17 AM »
If you think that lower ranked law schools are a cake-walk, you have a huge surprise coming to you.  Many lower schools are even harder on their students becuase they're striving to move up in the rankings.  They want better grades, more successful students, etc.  *ANY* law school is going to be difficult.

So suck it up, stop your bitching, and apply.  With that gpa, and an lsat in the 150s, there's no reason you couldn't land a tier 2 school.  Just you can't be in the top 14 doesn't mean *&^%.

You say you want this more than anything?  Reality check...there are people out there scoring in the 140s, or with gpas below the 3.0 mark.  They also want this more than anything, and many will go to whatever law school will take them, whether it be a non-ABA school, or the bottom of the 4th tier, or whatever.

So if you want this more than anythign else, do your best, and apply.

BIG H2001

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 12:17:23 PM »
And just what the hell is wrong with football?

M2

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 11:55:42 AM »
And just what the hell is wrong with football?

it sux

BIG H2001

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 02:20:47 PM »
very insightful