Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: feel like giving up  (Read 5825 times)

M2

Re: feel like giving up
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 03:26:21 PM »
Its repetitive

Natasha

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 06:26:42 PM »
Thanks to some of you for your encouraging words, and to others for the kick in the pants because I probably need it. I am now really considering wiating till December because I do think I will be able to raise my score, but again the OCD freak in me keeps thinking that if I wait that long it will hurt my chances. I took testmasters and in some ways I think it more hurt then helped, some of the tricks were very helpfu, especially the If/Then and parallel reasoning, but I had already found a way to attack most of the games that I liked, and when I tried their methods it slowed me down significantly.

BIG H2001 - There is absolutely nothing wrong with football, just the stupid football players who don't belong in college and are getting a free ride because they can knock someone over. (I know not all footplayers are that way.)

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 04:21:47 PM »
Perhaps you'd be more than challenged at a "mid-range" school. I mean, the LSAT _does_ measure how well you can reason and analyze under pressure. If people are scoring higher than you, maybe you'd be in over your head at a better school with people that have better reasoning skills...

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 04:30:03 PM »
Perhaps you'd be more than challenged at a "mid-range" school. I mean, the LSAT _does_ measure how well you can reason and analyze under pressure. If people are scoring higher than you, maybe you'd be in over your head at a better school with people that have better reasoning skills...

Stop talking bull.  Not to mention that 99% of lawyers will be nowhere near a courtroom so the question of time pressure is moot.
No longer here.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 08:03:53 PM »
I most definitely disagree with what ryanjm is saying, but I also think your statement's incorrect as well.  Deadlines are a part of life for attorneys, from what I've seen.  And deadlines of any sort mean a time crunch, and some people don't work well in those conditions.  So the question of time pressure isn't moot.  It's not a central as ryanjm would like to believe, but it's there nonetheless.

Stop talking bull.  Not to mention that 99% of lawyers will be nowhere near a courtroom so the question of time pressure is moot.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2004, 08:21:21 PM »
I most definitely disagree with what ryanjm is saying, but I also think your statement's incorrect as well.  Deadlines are a part of life for attorneys, from what I've seen.  And deadlines of any sort mean a time crunch, and some people don't work well in those conditions.  So the question of time pressure isn't moot.  It's not a central as ryanjm would like to believe, but it's there nonetheless.

Deadlines that the LSAT gives and the deadlines lawyers face are like the sun and the moon.
No longer here.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2004, 08:29:16 PM »
I wasn't saying they were the same.  I was just pointing out that just because you're not in a courtroom doesn't mean there won't be deadlines and pressure.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2004, 08:33:18 PM »
Thanks to some of you for your encouraging words, and to others for the kick in the pants because I probably need it. I am now really considering wiating till December because I do think I will be able to raise my score, but again the OCD freak in me keeps thinking that if I wait that long it will hurt my chances. I took testmasters and in some ways I think it more hurt then helped, some of the tricks were very helpfu, especially the If/Then and parallel reasoning, but I had already found a way to attack most of the games that I liked, and when I tried their methods it slowed me down significantly.

BIG H2001 - There is absolutely nothing wrong with football, just the stupid football players who don't belong in college and are getting a free ride because they can knock someone over. (I know not all footplayers are that way.)

Your situation sounds a lot like mine.  I went to a football school.  I had a very high GPA and a mediocre LSAT.  I wrote a kick ass personal statement, got good letter of rec and got accepted at a T14 school.  It CAN be done and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  Don't give up and as long as you work hard, your efforts will be rewarded. ;)

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2004, 09:29:44 PM »
Stop talking bull.  Not to mention that 99% of lawyers will be nowhere near a courtroom so the question of time pressure is moot

You forgot to read the part where I talk about reasoning skills...the irony of which is kinda funny. 

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2004, 11:29:10 PM »
Stop talking bull.  Not to mention that 99% of lawyers will be nowhere near a courtroom so the question of time pressure is moot

You forgot to read the part where I talk about reasoning skills...the irony of which is kinda funny. 

Not at all.  I saw that part too.  I chose not to focus on it.  This is almost like an LSAT question.  Which assumption does your argument rely on?

The idea that the LSAT is the ultimate test of your reasoning skills is ultimately laughable. 

No longer here.