Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question about work experience....  (Read 863 times)

newmama

• View Profile
    • Email
Question about work experience....
« on: August 14, 2007, 07:31:42 AM »
OK, so I know law schools place some emphasis on work experience, which I certainly have. I've had the same job for the past 11+ years and hope to keep said job right through school. However, I work in retail, not for a law firm. Now, it's a well known, family owned florist and garden center and I have all sorts of resposibilities and I would hope that the fact that I've been there so long will show loyalty. But do you all think I will be penalized because I don't work in a law firm? I look forward to your thoughts on this...

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Question about work experience....
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 11:00:10 AM »
Honestly, I think if someone posted a poll for nontrads you would see most of us didn't work in law-related fields.

annita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Question about work experience....
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 09:23:02 PM »
OK, so I know law schools place some emphasis on work experience, which I certainly have. I've had the same job for the past 11+ years and hope to keep said job right through school. However, I work in retail, not for a law firm. Now, it's a well known, family owned florist and garden center and I have all sorts of resposibilities and I would hope that the fact that I've been there so long will show loyalty. But do you all think I will be penalized because I don't work in a law firm? I look forward to your thoughts on this...

No one will care whether or not you have worked in a law firm. What might be significant is whether you have advanced/been promoted within the business you work for.