Law School Discussion

Good Hotels WIthin Walking Distance of UPENN?

Whoaz

• View Profile
Good Hotels WIthin Walking Distance of UPENN?
« on: August 13, 2007, 07:01:16 PM »
I am taking a weekend Powerscore LSAT class in September at UPENN. I am looking for a safe, somewhat nice hotel within walking distance of UPENN. Any recs? All I can find is the campus that is called the Inn At Penn, and it seems like it will run me $200 a night. I am looking for something in the range of $130-50 a night. THanks.

Re: Good Hotels WIthin Walking Distance of UPENN?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 07:37:37 PM »
Since walking distance is a very flexible term, I'm going to suggest you look at things downtown, using one or the other of those famous websites for hotels. A short bus ride or a 10-15 minute walk is enough to reach campus from there. The prices should be more reasonable.

Whoaz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 09:51:52 PM »
How safe would that be (sorry for my ignorance, I am a country boy :) )?

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 10:03:41 PM »
The sad raelity is that none of Philadelphia is completely safe. But downtown is actually safer than West Philly. Early morning is fine, adn don't stay out too late.

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 01:11:27 PM »
The Inn at Penn is right on their campus

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 09:26:39 PM »
The Inn at Penn is the best you will do by campus. Watch your back in that area of Philly.

hollowman988

• I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 09:49:54 PM »
If you stay at the University City Sheraton, don't drive your Dad's massive SUV into the parking garage without being certain you'd be able to pull a 90-degree turn into a parking space demarcated by four giant concrete pillars. He might end your life before you get to campus.