Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Soon 2b 1L anxiety  (Read 3643 times)

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
Soon 2b 1L anxiety
« on: August 13, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »
Does a macbook come with a friggin sleeve?  I can't seem to find this basic info anywhere on their website  :-\

AND

Does anyone remember which BLSD thread had the study aide recs? I forgot to tag :-(

::Preparation anxiety sets in::

Still need to:

Finish packing
Move
Unpack
Sell my car
Buy another (cheaper) car
Order new laptop
Buy books
Register kids for school
Dental & Drs. appointments
Find new nanny
Trial run new morning commute
....Only 2 weeks left  :-[ :-[ :-[

Anyone else feeling unprepared?

sc3pt0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Soon 2b 1L anxiety
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 11:35:59 AM »
Then stop typing on LSD!

www.lawbooksforless.com
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:39:46 AM »
Can't exactly do any of this ish from work (besides order the laptop, hence my previous question). But thanks for the link and your attempt at a helpful response.

EDIT: do you have any study aid preferences (by course)?

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 11:46:54 AM »
gotta get my apartment
gotta get my living money check
gotta get books
gotta register/enroll
gotta get shots by Wed...
gotta pack
gotta drive 300 miles
gotta not freakthefuckoutshitsrealndafi eldhomie
The Tragicomic: Itís embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace oneís worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 11:49:26 AM »
gotta get my apartment
gotta get books
gotta register/enroll
gotta pack
gotta drive 300 miles

:( :(

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 11:56:59 AM »
gotta get my apartment
gotta get books
gotta register/enroll
gotta pack
gotta drive 300 miles

Really so stressful you're planning on getting wasted midway through the week?

Mets will take the NL Pennant.

sc3pt0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 12:07:45 PM »
I am about to start law school myself.....so I really am in the same boat as you, as far as not knowing which study aids to use.
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 12:18:46 PM »
gotta get my apartment
gotta get books
gotta register/enroll
gotta pack
gotta drive 300 miles

Really so stressful you're planning on getting wasted midway through the week?

I've been wasted since I sent out my first ap.  no really, I have to get vaccinated
The Tragicomic: Itís embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace oneís worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 01:00:37 PM »
can't remember which thread but: Examples and Explanations especially for K was the general consensus.  The cards by Aspen Publishers for all subjects particularly civ pro and K.  LEEWS (www.leews.com) is something that I'd like you to look into.  If $$ is an issue, get the primer it's $30.  Getting to Maybe is a very good look as well.  (Glannon's and Finals were two other names that popped up)

This stuff may be on the 1L thread but you'll have to do some digging.  However, I feel like I need to warn you guys...do not get into the supplement war!  I did, lol.  What that is basically is the phenomenom that many 1Ls get sucked into where they see their friend with one supplement and they go run to the store and get the same one -even if they have 3 supplements already.  Supplements are just that...additional/supplmental reading.  There's one supplement for K that I want you guys to order but I forgot the name...I'll repost when I get home later on tonite.

I think a good idea would be to have the supplement open while you are reading the case.  Doesn't really matter which supplement..it's all about the style you like.  Personally, I like getting other ppl's outlines and adding my own spin to it as I read the cases.   Why?
  because sometimes the cases do not go thru all the elements-  they may only talk about 1 or 2 so it's best to have something else that covers the area.  Use classes as review..not learning.  Write down the questions the prof asks.

Does a macbook come with a friggin sleeve?  I can't seem to find this basic info anywhere on their website  :-\

AND

Does anyone remember which BLSD thread had the study aide recs? I forgot to tag :-(

::Preparation anxiety sets in::

Anyone else feeling unprepared?

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston