Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Straight Razors  (Read 1144 times)

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
Re: Straight Razors
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 03:38:52 AM »
I tend not to shave out of pure laziness.

Me too! You've survived law school so far with this habit?

Well that gives me hope, dammit

So far? Sure, but I haven't even finished the first semester yet. :D

:-\

Really? Maybe I'm confusing you with stan.

I'm still refusing to shave

A lot of people seem to do that lately, and for no good reason too. I am duck, darnit!

:D duly noted
Well you're both veterans here, sort of. You should consider it a compliment

I'll overlook your mistake just this once.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Leo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 03:47:13 AM »
Thank you for showing such mercy. Truly you are a noble man :)

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 03:51:19 AM »
Thank you for showing such mercy. Truly you are a noble man :)

Anything for a fellow lazy non-regular-shaver
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

MachuPicchu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 09:58:19 PM »
Do not go straight unless (a) you have a new blade or a freshly sharpened one and (b) you have practiced for at least two weeks on a very ripe tomato.

I recommend: a Vulvix real badger brush; a double-edge (DE) safety razor (Merkur "Classic," "Hefty," or "Long" and Merkur SS blades are good); and Taylor of Bond soap or cream mixed hot in one of those big capuccino mugs.

FYI: DE blades work excellently on coarse or curly hairs and prevent bumps.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 03:30:37 PM »
I used to buy my ex trips to a barber for an old-fashioned shave (with straight razor, fresh whipped shaving cream, hot towel, the works - lasted like two hours).  He loved them.

Hi.  :-*
VIP.

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 01:28:26 PM »
I got fed up with my Schick Quattro recently--the cartridge was impossible to clear of hair. I had to decide whether to spend ~$17 or so on 8 more cartridges or invest in a traditional double-edged/safety razor that would cost less in the long run. I ordered a Merkur HD and 100 Israeli Personna Super+Platinum blades. The blades cost about the same as a pack of 8 cartridges, but they should last for the better part of two years. I don't have the money for a badger brush right now and such things offend my vegetarian sensibilities, so I just got some Musgo Real shaving cream.

While researching my options I discovered that there is a bizarre shaving sub-culture on the web. Most of them seem like addicts/collectors who horde shaving products in search of the perfect shave.
This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash