Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Late Applications  (Read 1699 times)

FrankFunk

• View Profile
    • Email
Late Applications
« on: March 11, 2004, 07:27:55 PM »
I got a late jump on the law application process, and I've only applied to one school--a local one at which I'm receiving my undergrad.  My file is completed with the LSDAS, though, so I'm thinking about applying to a couple more schools.  Some schools have priority deadlines and some have concrete deadlines, etc.  Obviously, some schools have stopped accepting apps, while some claim to accept them all through the summer (despite the passage of their priority date).

My question is:  Are there any schools that are notorious for accepting late apps?  What are the best schools nationwide to apply to after March 15?

GPA around 3.0
LSAT around 160
Some criminal indiscretions as a younger fellow

Thank you

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Late Applications
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 10:01:10 PM »
Loyola(CA), Case Western, I'm sure there is alot of third and fourth tier schools as well. 

blugidy blahblah

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 06:00:24 AM »
Yeah, there are plenty o schools you can still apply to!  The only thing you'll be missing out on is the finaid money.
Fuzzy Wuzzy

jordan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 10:09:35 PM »
Syracuse, Seton Hall, Univ. of Miami

Enzyme

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 11:17:33 PM »
Not sure if you want to wait until next year, but you might want to consider it if you hope to get some fin. aid. and have other school options. Also if you are not going to make any changes to your LSAC file (i.e retaking LSAT or anything), you can get a jump on the app process by getting apps ready to be submitted at the beginning of the term next year before many have any taken their LSAT in October and started to complete their LSAT file. And I'm guessing that it wouldnt cost you that much from this years as you said you only applied to one school, although you might have to pay another year of an LSAC fee if your year runs out.

Also, if the economy goes up some this year, you may get less apps going into law school as this year from what I've seen there is a highly competitive process.

I myself am taking the LSAT for the first time in June unless I dont think I am ready and hopefully will be able to turn in some apps if I get the score I want in early September after getting apps over the summer and maybe attending the July 31st LSAC forum in D.C. (will be my first time there!)

I got a late jump on the law application process, and I've only applied to one school--a local one at which I'm receiving my undergrad.  My file is completed with the LSDAS, though, so I'm thinking about applying to a couple more schools.  Some schools have priority deadlines and some have concrete deadlines, etc.  Obviously, some schools have stopped accepting apps, while some claim to accept them all through the summer (despite the passage of their priority date).

My question is:  Are there any schools that are notorious for accepting late apps?  What are the best schools nationwide to apply to after March 15?

GPA around 3.0
LSAT around 160
Some criminal indiscretions as a younger fellow

Thank you

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 10:20:48 AM »
well, if you've already applied to your UG school, and it sounds like you might not totally want to go there (correct me?). so i would go along w/the others and say to see what your school says and if they give the thumbs down, then by all means wait for next year's go round. you have more chances for financial aid and a chance to check out a few more schools and do more research as well. if you live near one of the cities that the law school forums will be at, DEFINITELY go check that out and informally 'interview' the schools.

good luck to you! ;D

aj