Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help for Crim Addendum...  (Read 3126 times)

nathanielmark

Help for Crim Addendum...
« on: September 22, 2004, 06:45:46 PM »
Is this ok to put together as a paragraph?

I deeply regret the actions I took that led to these events.  This incident was an important lesson to me and will not be repeated.  Since I plan to practice law in the state of Virginia, I contacted the Virginia Board of Bar Examiners to discuss this matter. They informed me that this incident should not prevent me from passing the character and fitness evaluation. 

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help for Crim Addendum...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 06:53:50 PM »
Depends on the severity of the matter.  I have to write an addendum because I was charged with leaving the scene of accident.  Since the matter is not all that serious, and since I got deffered adjudication, I am just writing the base facts.  I think they can infer the rest.  However, if the charge is more severe, then a paragraph like this might be appropriate.  Its whatever you would feel more confortable with.

Thanks and Gig 'Em,
Jason

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 07:20:33 PM »
but is it a logical paragraph?  here it is again...

I deeply regret the actions I took that led to these events.  This incident was an important lesson to me and will not be repeated.  Since I plan to practice law in the state of Virginia, I contacted the Virginia Board of Bar Examiners to discuss this matter.  They informed me that this incident should not prevent me from passing the character and fitness evaluation.

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 07:26:40 PM »
You might want to revise the first sentence, it is a little confusing, especially the, "actions I took that led to these events."  You may want to use some stronger wording in the last sentence.  Say, "will not" instead of "should not," etc.  Also, I know its pretty obvious from your previous sentence, but you may want to end with what character and fitness evaluation you are refering to.  Just simply saying, "the character and fitness evaulation" seems a little ambigious to me.

Thanks and Gig 'Em,
Jason

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 07:32:39 PM »
thanks.  i scrapped the first sentence entirely and changed "should" to "will".  i think it will work now

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 01:50:13 AM »
Don't forget to include the offensive action that took place. Meaning what did you do!!
Get Right, or get Left!!!!