Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is this feasible? (backing up data)  (Read 536 times)

CGEsq

• View Profile
Is this feasible? (backing up data)
« on: August 07, 2007, 04:25:11 PM »
Instead of buying an external hard drive to save documents and stuff, could I save them on my gmail daily or weekly instead?  I can buy an external hard drive if I really have to, but I was just wondering if this is a possible and safer option, since technology seems to break on me (I've been through a few cheap digital cameras in two years...)

road

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is this feasible? (backing up data)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:37:42 AM »
I suppose gmail could work but it seems like a real pain to me. I signed up for http://www.bingodisk.com/ 10G for $20 a year. Not free but still pretty cheap.
IANAL...Y

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 11:43:06 AM »
Also - check to see if your school offers you filespace online ... a lot of schools do that (mine does).  Gmail usually works, but it still might be worth it to get a flash drive - they are so easy.  And you can usually get a 2GB memory stick for $20 (which is PLENTY of space for your purposes).

I think I'm gonna use UCfilespace, maybe gmail, and my flash drive ... may sound paranoid, but my hard drive just died (and I had it replaced) a few months ago, so ... losing everything is a reality to me, and I don't want that to happen in law school!

redacted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 12:52:53 PM »
A friend of mine dropped out of college to start www.box.net

Check it out, I think you'll like it.

SweetEpiphany

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 02:44:37 PM »
www.omnidrive.com is pretty cool too as far as online storage goes.
UVA Law 2010!

I will not allow yesterday's success to lull me into today's complacency, for that is the great foundation of failure. ~Og Mandino