Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do fee waivers work with electronic transmission?  (Read 1269 times)

Lost in Translation

• Sr. Citizen
  • Choosing the right law school: priceless!!!
    • View Profile
How do fee waivers work with electronic transmission?
« on: September 22, 2004, 05:41:07 PM »
Hey guys,

I asked this before, but nobody answered. I am persistent, so let me ask again:

how do you use your fee waiver when applying electronically? Do you send it in the mail with the certification letter or the university has entered in the system that you do not have to pay any fees?

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How do fee waivers work with electronic transmission?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 05:43:01 PM »
Not sure if this is the case across the board, but some other posters have mentioned that when they submitted their apps, LSAC/LSDAS knew they had a fee waiver and it was noted upon transmission of the app.  Read your waiver carefully; sometimes there will be hints, like that you should mail it in with your certification letter, or that you must mail all materials to use the waiver.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 05:45:33 PM »
Yeah, this is entirely a case by case basis.  William & Mary said that if you submit electronically, then you don't need to do anything, as your electronic app will match up with a list they have of waivers, and you don't have to pay.  If you send the app through the mail, however, you need to print the waiver email out.

So check with each waiver you have, and if it's not a clear answer, I'd call the school adn find out.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 10:38:59 PM »
Definitely case by case.  I got an e-mail app fee waiver from Washington & Lee.  I spoke to an admissions officer at the LSAC forum and he said it MUST accompany a hard-copy application because they don't track their fee waivers otherwise.
Fed gov't atty

M2

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 11:01:28 PM »
Definitely case by case.  I got an e-mail app fee waiver from Washington & Lee.  I spoke to an admissions officer at the LSAC forum and he said it MUST accompany a hard-copy application because they don't track their fee waivers otherwise.

This is what I thought but some people are saying that its free to apply online to WL before jan 1

SaTaNBuGG

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 05:53:38 PM »
Ive been reading up on this and it is definitley a case by case basis.  I have an LSAC fee waiver and some schools, like NYU, say that if i apply online i do not have to do anything else because they will see the LSAC waiver.  Other schools, like Boalt, say i cannot apply online if i am also applying for a waiver.  I have to fill out the paper app.

You are probably not concerned about LSAC fee waivers, but thought id put this info here for others.

mister_jingo

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 04:51:44 PM »
Ive been reading up on this and it is definitley a case by case basis.  I have an LSAC fee waiver and some schools, like NYU, say that if i apply online i do not have to do anything else because they will see the LSAC waiver.  Other schools, like Boalt, say i cannot apply online if i am also applying for a waiver.  I have to fill out the paper app.

You are probably not concerned about LSAC fee waivers, but thought id put this info here for others.

It is a good thing I am not applying to Boalt. Do you know of any other schools that do that?

LSAT SLUT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 09:59:13 PM »
bump