Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: i am 32 yrs now, should i go to study law? plus,i am  (Read 2475 times)

pine2007

• View Profile
i am 32 yrs now, should i go to study law? plus,i am
« on: August 06, 2007, 11:18:45 PM »
iam

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
Re: i am 32 yrs now, should i go to study law? plus,i am
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 10:22:24 PM »
1) If there is such a thing as too old for law school, it is certainly not 32. If you want to be a lawyer, go for it.
2) No idea. If you can get business in whatever your first language is, that could be good, or if your English is up to some acceptable level... But, yeah, no idea.
3) No idea, I'm going in America. Are provincial loans an option?

pine2007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 11:10:37 PM »
thanks for your answer; i will try my best to prepare for LSAT first

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 11:56:32 PM »

this year we just bought a single house in toronto,so,i want to ask:
1)  is it possible for me to go to school? i am 32 yrs now, i am preparing for LSAT currently; is it too old for me?
2)   should a lawyer/law student has to be exercellent at spoken English? E is my 2nd language;
3)   if i can go to law school, how can i pay my tuition? coz we have to pay the mortgage,too?  commercial loan? or,grants>>>??

thank you guys for your comments.

32 is definitely not too old, you should go for it.  However, I would say that having an excellent grasp of the English language is a necessity ... you will be doing excessive amounts of reading and will need to be communicating with judges, clients and other lawyers all day.  Do you have trouble on the reading comp sections of the LSAT? I would say that is a good basic litmus test.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

pine2007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 12:10:43 AM »
for reading, i mean, it's ok; because i prepared for GRE before; however, there is still room for me to improve my RC in LSAT.

thanks for your suggestions