Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Electronic Submission  (Read 992 times)

Omey

• If it dont make dollaz, IT DONT MAKE SENSE!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Omeezy450
    • View Profile
Electronic Submission
« on: September 22, 2004, 04:29:39 PM »
Whattup gang, got a question about electronic submssion of applications.  Ok so my advisor gave me the impression that with the online applications you can send all the general information electronically, and choose to send your personal statement and diversity statement, and ect. through the mail.  However, as I'm doing these online applications now Im noticing that they allow you to sent these documents electronically as well. I basically got two questions

1.  I heard that its good to send your personal statements in on paper, in case you wanna use that fancy paper or somethin like that, or if its just your preference

2.  Either way, can you choose to send the regular information electronically and then send statements and other documents in an envelope?

Know its a long question but any advice would be great

Thanks

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Electronic Submission
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 04:53:30 PM »
yes, you can submit your app online and then mail in whatever else.  I don't know why you would do this though.  Submitting as much as possible online seems to be the best option.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Electronic Submission
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 04:55:22 PM »
Yes, you can send such attachments electronically or in the mail.  Just be aware that some schools specify in their application instructions that they prefer one method over another (prob. electronic).  Otherwise, it's up to you.  Look for the Admissions Q&A thread started by Hurley97 for details, but there are reasons why you might not prefer to send it in the mail.  Presentation can be nicer, of course.  You just have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages for yourself.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?