Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Going a bit nuts.. NO response?  (Read 819 times)

papercranes

• Sr. Citizen
  • Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
Going a bit nuts.. NO response?
« on: August 02, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »
I sent an email to a prof asking for an LOR. (MY UG school is a six hour train ride away, no way I could just skip over there to check if she was in her office.)

Two years ago (when I was in her class) she was prepared to write me a letter for grad school if I wanted it, so I assume taht Grad school/law school letter format makes no difference to her. (Why would she be willing to write one but not the other? I think it's unlikely)

Anyway, it's been nearly three weeks and she hasn't responded at all. I contacted my old program head and asked her if I could get a new contact (in case my prof changed her email). The program head said she sent my prof an email asking her to contact me and that was about a week ago.

Nothing. Why? Argh. I just want to get this done!

:( Just whining...
university of southern california 2011

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Going a bit nuts.. NO response?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 04:35:03 PM »
Some people aren't so great with e-mail. 

It's also summer-time, and your professor could be busy with vacation/taking care of children (as they are out of school for the summer)/etc.

If she's not teaching during the summer, she may have no reason to check her work e-mail until the school year starts.  If you could call her directly, do so.  Otherwise, choose a back-up recommender just in case.

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 04:48:58 PM »
Relax. I contacted one of my professors to ask how was my LOR doing. I haven't gotten a response for a month or so, then I got an e-mail stating that she is on vacation with very limited internet access and will be back in NY in late August. I almost pissed my pants because she wasn't responding, but she was just away. Same thing might be with your recommender.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »
Try calling?

I think you've waited a sufficient amount of time.
Yale.Law.School.2010