Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: michigan on lsac  (Read 2913 times)

lexylit

michigan on lsac
« on: September 22, 2004, 11:35:55 AM »
i keep signing onto lsac because it's fun to watch who requests my report, when it's released, etc.

but under term/year everything says "fall 2005" except michigan, which says "summer 2005." i know i checked off the box that said summer OR fall entrance, so is this just because "summer/fall 2005" wouldnt fit in the space, or should i actually panic that they decided to consider me for summer only or something?

they can't think i'm early D as i definitely didn't sign the early D form...

brothernads

Re: michigan on lsac
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 11:41:34 AM »
Your guess about lack of space is probably correct -- you could call LSAC and confirm.

dta

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 11:46:51 AM »
FWIW (not much), mine says "Fall 2005". I checked the "Fall only" box in the app.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 02:43:32 PM »
I'm sure if you checked the Fall/Summer box you're okay.  This sounds like something I would normally freak out about :D

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 04:57:06 PM »
Call just to be sure.  How does the Fall/Summer thing work anyway?  Can they accept you for summer, and then can you come back and say you want to start in the fall instead, and will they say yes?  I can't commit to doing anything next May yet :)  Plus, I don't want to move any earlier than I have to.  I'm probably best off doing Fall only.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 04:59:55 PM »
I think they want their students to start in the Summer term ... so if you're a boardline accept, they might make you start in the summer.  Personally ... I really want to get into michigan and I'll start whenever ... TOMORROW even :D mmmmmmm michigan

rwhitman

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 06:20:10 PM »

Chiasu says I have a 23% chance of getting in. Since I'm not a minority, is it really even worth applying?? I figure that the lower 20% numberwise is mostly minorities and people who have done something exceptional (not me).

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 06:52:28 PM »
If you want to go, apply.  I'm applying to Yale with a 13% chance.  It's my dream school, so it's well worth it.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

rwhitman

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 08:09:50 PM »
If you want to go, apply.  I'm applying to Yale with a 13% chance.  It's my dream school, so it's well worth it.

Yeah i got accepted to yale but turned it down. Didn't really see a lot of opportunities at that school.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 08:19:51 PM »

Yeah i got accepted to yale but turned it down. Didn't really see a lot of opportunities at that school.

Yeah, I can see how that would happen.  I'll have to do research before accepting any offer from them.  I hear they don't have a very good national reputation...   ;)