Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: michigan on lsac  (Read 2739 times)

rwhitman

Re: michigan on lsac
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2004, 08:22:43 PM »
If you want to go, apply.  I'm applying to Yale with a 13% chance.  It's my dream school, so it's well worth it.

Yeah i got accepted to yale but turned it down. Didn't really see a lot of opportunities at that school.

Yeah, I can see how that would happen.  I'll have to do research before accepting any offer from them.  I hear they don't have a very good national reputation...   ;)

it's ok if you want to stay in New Haven after graduation though, just make sure you you have some other safeties so you don't have to fallback on yale. IMHO.

lexylit

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2004, 10:46:43 PM »
I think they want their students to start in the Summer term ... so if you're a boardline accept, they might make you start in the summer.  Personally ... I really want to get into michigan and I'll start whenever ... TOMORROW even :D mmmmmmm michigan

not true, cheeky! i think it's only a quarter of students who do summer start.

and pookie, im not sure how it works but i doubt you're roped into summer start if you apply regular (not early D, which binds you to summer start). i think they'd only make you do summer (and not let you do fall) if they think you're a prime candidate for summer start, i.e. you've been out of school a while and forgotten how to study. read: not pookie.

DOWNY

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2004, 01:39:10 AM »
i keep signing onto lsac because it's fun to watch who requests my report, when it's released, etc.

but under term/year everything says "fall 2005" except michigan, which says "summer 2005." i know i checked off the box that said summer OR fall entrance, so is this just because "summer/fall 2005" wouldnt fit in the space, or should i actually panic that they decided to consider me for summer only or something?

they can't think i'm early D as i definitely didn't sign the early D form...

Don't worry about it- I did the same thing, and received the same result. That's just how Michigan does it.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2004, 01:50:52 AM »
I think they want their students to start in the Summer term ... so if you're a boardline accept, they might make you start in the summer.  Personally ... I really want to get into michigan and I'll start whenever ... TOMORROW even :D mmmmmmm michigan

not true, cheeky! i think it's only a quarter of students who do summer start.

and pookie, im not sure how it works but i doubt you're roped into summer start if you apply regular (not early D, which binds you to summer start). i think they'd only make you do summer (and not let you do fall) if they think you're a prime candidate for summer start, i.e. you've been out of school a while and forgotten how to study. read: not pookie.

What if I never learned how to study in the first place?   :D
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

lexylit

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2004, 08:24:19 AM »
DOWNY! that was the most helpful thing you've ever said! :D what a doll. i knew deep down you were cuddly and sweet

DOWNY

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2004, 10:12:55 AM »
DOWNY! that was the most helpful thing you've ever said! :D what a doll. i knew deep down you were cuddly and sweet
Yeah, after I posted that I was like "Goddamn it DOWNY, you just said something helpful!" but decided to leave it there.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2004, 12:26:23 PM »
Does that mean it'll be another 650 posts from DOWNY before he says anything helpful again?   ;)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

brothernads

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2004, 12:30:08 PM »
I beg to differ. DOWNY has said something helpful before. In his one of his adventures, he gave us the sage advice:

All in all, DOWNY learned a valuable lesson from this experience: if you’re ever going to play with fireworks, NEVER, EVER leave your shrooms at home.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2004, 01:38:48 PM »
I beg to differ. DOWNY has said something helpful before. In his one of his adventures, he gave us the sage advice:

All in all, DOWNY learned a valuable lesson from this experience: if you’re ever going to play with fireworks, NEVER, EVER leave your shrooms at home.

Helpful, yes, but not about law school.  I think that may have been the point :)

DOWNY

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2004, 05:16:32 PM »
Well, every 600 posts or so one helpful thing will slip out. It's like a solar eclipse- it doesn't happen often, but when it does everyone is amazed.