Law School Discussion

"No App For This School"

BearlyLegal

• And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
"No App For This School"
« on: July 31, 2007, 05:10:23 PM »
Most schools under LSDAS do not seem to have applications listed for them. Is this because it's too early in the cycle to apply, or because the schools have some other means of applying electronically to LSDAS?

BearlyLegal

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "No App For This School"
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 05:19:11 PM »
Most schools under LSDAS do not seem to have applications listed for them. Is this because it's too early in the cycle to apply, or because the schools have some other means of applying electronically to LSDAS?

Most schools don't have apps. If they want you, they'll let you know. (it's too early)

Do apps actually come up the day doors open to accept them, or do they have a pit of leeway time for you to be able to fill them out?

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 06:11:01 PM »
The apps go up on LSDAS in late August. Most of the schools start accepting them sometime in September. A lot of people on this board will send in apps that week.

I consider *early* having the apps submitted before the fall LSAT takers get their scores in. November 1 is still ahead of the game though.

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 10:47:54 PM »
If you look at LSN it seems like most people put apps in dec-feb. But we all know about selective samples.... ;)

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 11:06:19 PM »

Most schools don't have apps. If they want you, they'll let you know. (it's too early)

Do apps actually come up the day doors open to accept them, or do they have a pit of leeway time for you to be able to fill them out?

late august/ early september. since schools have rolling admissions you have 6 months of leeway time, but that doesn't mean you gotta use it all.

Matthew

• Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 11:18:41 PM »

Most come out when they're accepted, but some come out earlier.

IE, William and Mary has been out for weeks and begins accepting August 1, Cornell has been out and begins accepting September 1.

ALL ABA approved schools will have apps on LSDAS.  Some prefer their own, but you can still use LSDAS.

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 12:09:41 AM »

its too early!  christ, people... have FUN its the SUMMER

BearlyLegal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 08:20:14 AM »

its too early!  christ, people... have FUN its the SUMMER

I work 100+ hours a week; no time for fun, and not much time to work on apps either, so I have to start early.

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 08:22:26 AM »
I work 100+ hours a week; no time for fun, and not much time to work on apps either, so I have to start early.

Good God... what do you do?

BearlyLegal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 08:44:11 AM »
V15 Litigation Legal Assistant